Adding a 5 day onto a 9 day possible?

1kycat

Need some advice...

I'm looking at the Pearl/Jewel dates this this winter. They both run the same 9 night/ 5 night itens during the time I would like to go. And I know that NCL lists several 14 night dates...but I would like to put a 9 and a 5 together in a way that they don't have listed. The NCL rep that I talked to suggested that I need to wait and see if NCL opens those dates. Does that sound right? I know one person can know far more than another, depending on who you get.

I know that I can book them separately...but I was hoping to get the break that the other 14 nights give.

Should I call and try again? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks fro any help?

sounds like a back2back...in the hopes that the price of the back2back is cheaper than a straight 14day cruise?

i think that's how i'm hearing it. not a bad idea. plus if you do back2back...i know you don't have to get off the ship...maybe a room change...but i'm not sure.

We did back-to-back on the Pearl last March. 5-day Western and 9-day Southern. No price break at all. In fact, we were surprised by how expensive the 5-day was compared to the 9-day. More per day, but maybe because it was during spring break.

Need some advice...

I'm looking at the Pearl/Jewel dates this this winter. They both run the same 9 night/ 5 night itens during the time I would like to go. And I know that NCL lists several 14 night dates...but I would like to put a 9 and a 5 together in a way that they don't have listed. The NCL rep that I talked to suggested that I need to wait and see if NCL opens those dates. Does that sound right? I know one person can know far more than another, depending on who you get.

I know that I can book them separately...but I was hoping to get the break that the other 14 nights give.

Should I call and try again? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks fro any help?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you seem to want to do a 9 nighter on ONE ship, and the 5 nighter on the other???

Typically, 14 nighter is the nine night trip coupled with the 5 night ON THE SAME SHIP. The perceived discount is because you don't have to leave the ship after it returns to Miami and they don't have to re-process you.

Usually, they do not package a nine night on 1 ship with a 5 night on another ship as a single trip. If effect, that would be two cruises because you have to leave one ship and get on another. Its not like an airline where they can transfer your baggage behind the scenes.

I would think you would be stuck in this scenario buying two cruises.

We did back-to-back on the Pearl last March. 5-day Western and 9-day Southern. No price break at all. In fact' date=' we were surprised by how expensive the 5-day was compared to the 9-day. More per day, but maybe because it was during spring break.[/quote']

They have special pricing for the 14 day cruises that on the dates I looked at were less then the 5 plus 9 cruises. I think the issue the OP is faced with all those bundles require you to do the the 5 day first and then the 9 day. If you try and book it the other way you pay the regular back to back fare.

SunDEPART MIAMI, US 4:00 PM

MonCRUISE 12:00 AM

TueARRIVE-DOCK COZUMEL, MX 7:00 AM

TueDEPART COZUMEL, MX 4:00 PM

WedARRIVE-ANCHOR GEORGETOWN, KY 10:00 AM

WedDEPART GEORGETOWN, KY 7:00 PM

ThuCRUISE 12:00 AM

FriARRIVE-DOCK MIAMI, US 7:00 AM

FriDEPART MIAMI, US 5:00 PM

SatCRUISE 12:00 AM

SunARRIVE-ANCHOR SAMANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, DO 10:00 AM

SunDEPART SAMANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, DO 6:00 PM

MonARRIVE-DOCK TORTOLA, VG 10:00 AM

MonDEPART TORTOLA, VG 6:30 PM

TueARRIVE-DOCK ST. JOHN'S, ANTIGUA, AG 8:00 AM

TueDEPART ST. JOHN'S, ANTIGUA, AG 5:00 PM

WedARRIVE-DOCK BRIDGETOWN, BB 9:00 AMWed

DEPART BRIDGETOWN, BB 6:00 PM

ThuARRIVE-DOCK ST.LUCIA, LC 8:00 AM

ThuDEPART ST.LUCIA, LC 6:00 PM

FriCRUISE 12:00 AM

SatCRUISE 12:00 AM

SunARRIVE-DOCK MIAMI, US 7:00 AMspacer.gif

We're looking at the same cruise for Dec 14th-27th on the Pearl. You can book a 14 day, a 9 day or a 5 day. Itinerary is as Shoreguy posted, reversed (southern caribbean first).

Most of us are opting for the 9 day due to cost. What NCL has done is add the costs of the 9 day to the 5 day to come up with the 14 day fare. You get a price break of roughly $50-100 on the /total fare/ if you book the 14 day. Part of that is due to the Christmas holidays.

The way the pricing on NCL's website works, the 9 day is actually cheaper for a family than the 5 day over Christmas. In part because they jack the 3rd-8th rate from $299 for the 9 day to:

$499 (I), $549 (DD), $599 (BB) and $649 (AF)

Family friendly? Not over Christmas. :mad:

Or are you tinking of getting on, doing the 9 day, and then seeing if they have a cabin when you get back to port for the 5 day? ;)

We're looking at the same cruise for Dec 14th-27th on the Pearl. You can book a 14 day, a 9 day or a 5 day. Itinerary is as Shoreguy posted, reversed (southern caribbean first).

Most of us are opting for the 9 day due to cost. What NCL has done is add the costs of the 9 day to the 5 day to come up with the 14 day fare. You get a price break of roughly $50-100 on the /total fare/ if you book the 14 day. Part of that is due to the Christmas holidays.

The way the pricing on NCL's website works, the 9 day is actually cheaper for a family than the 5 day over Christmas. In part because they jack the 3rd-8th rate from $299 for the 9 day to:

$499 (I), $549 (DD), $599 (BB) and $649 (AF)

Family friendly? Not over Christmas. :mad:

Or are you tinking of getting on, doing the 9 day, and then seeing if they have a cabin when you get back to port for the 5 day? ;)

Your pricing may be because of the holiday but I just looked at mid Feb to mid march and the price break is much larger.

BA price comparison

2/17 - fare, tax,NCF, ins. ---- 2649

2-17 - 5 day ----------------1130

2/22 9 day-------------------2018

Savings $500 pp

My post WAS VERY confusing :(

But I think Shoreguy got what I was asking. They do have much better pricing on the 14 nights, verses adding a 5 to a 9. And I was wondering if they might be able to give me special pricing when they don't have a "14 nighter" scheduled.

The Pearl is much more flexible than the Jewel (atleast in Jan) because you can start the 14 nights with the 5 or the 9, and they lap over one another. But I was looking to go on the Jewel which didn't offer that.

Perhaps, I'll have to switch to the Pearl

Archived