short layover

Hello,

We come into London Heathrow (I think it's terminal 4 arrivals from Toronto) and have an hour and twenty minute layover. The plane departs from terminal 1 (I think) to Barcelona. Do we have enough time to get the shuttle and make the flight? Our luggage goes on ahead of us as all flights are British Airways. Thanks...I'm a bit nervous.

You should be ok by about 15 minutes, have a look here http://www.heathrowairport.com

and navigate to "connecting flights" and "terminal 4 connexions" where a minimum of 65minutes is quoted including pasing through immigration.

Sorry, the full url is too long to paste into this board.

However Heathrow is frequently perpetual chaos so you may want to investigate alternatatives.

Did you book these flights as one journey with BA? If so I should check with the airline directly as they may have a system for putting you on a later flight if the connexion goes wrong.

Hope this helps

Hi There,

Have similar a few times, while always busy have never missed a connection, just some times you have no time, to look at shops or get a coffee, BA have loads of staff to point you in the right direction,

yours Shogun

We come into London Heathrow (I think it's terminal 4 arrivals from Toronto) and have an hour and twenty minute layover. The plane departs from terminal 1 (I think) to Barcelona.
You should be OK if you are not delayed inbound. But there will be little slack, so don't dawdle. When you disembark at T4, you need to follow the signs for Flight Connections Terminal 1 - initially, this will be grouped together with signs for Terminals 2 and 3. (Do not follow the route for Flight Connections Terminal 4.) You will then be taken by bus to the Flight Connections Centre, which is really part of Terminal 1. There you will clear security. You go downstairs one level and then get tipped out at the edge of the shopping area in the departures lounge, from which you go to the gate at the appropriate time.

You do not clear immigration going this way, which is the official and generally-recommended route.

There are plenty of later flights to Barcelona if for some reason you miss your booked flight, so there really isn't any reason to worry, anyway.

Last month, I made what was effectively a 30-minute connection from T1 to T4. It was at a quiet time of the evening, but it demonstrates how little time you need as a minimum.

Archived