Vatican tour recommendation

Can you do the Vatican another day besides Saturday? Icon Tours www.icontours.com

will set up a private tour for you but like most reputable tour companies will also discourage you from doing so on Saturday. Even the Vatican itself will not do tours on Saturday due to the limited hours and long lines. Despite what some tour companies will try and tell you, thre is no way to circumvent the lines. The only time savings by going with a group tour will be possibly standing in line for tickets once entered into the museum after passing security. Some larger groups (50+) can enter before the 10:00 opening time.

I have used Rome Walks and they were wonderful and they do have Saturday tours (two) for the Vatican Museum. They offer group tours which are comprised of six to ten people or you can book a private tour through them. My wife and I took two tours with them. One of the Vatican Museum and the other of the Colloseum and Ancient City. The tour guide for the first tour had tremendous expertise in art history which was essential for that tour and the tour guides expertise for the second tour was in Roman history. I can't say enough about the tour guides. Since we've used them, we have recommended them to friends and family and to others on cruise critic where we first learned about them.

Their web site is http://www.romewalks.com

You can e mail them with questions and they are very responsive.

Keith

Archived