Miami Hyatt~ Balcony

We stayed at the Miami Hyatt about a year and half ago. The balconies are exremely tiny and only about 3 feet deep. I was very nervous sitting out there. It would not take much for someone to fall off (wonder if someone did?). It is a very tall high rise hotel and I think you would have to be Spiderman to feel safe on those balconies. Forget even thinking about allowing a child out there! I would not be surprised if this were the reason for the new "no access" policy.

We stayed at the Miami Hyatt about a year and half ago. The balconies are exremely tiny and only about 3 feet deep. I was very nervous sitting out there. It would not take much for someone to fall off (wonder if someone did?). It is a very tall high rise hotel and I think you would have to be Spiderman to feel safe on those balconies. Forget even thinking about allowing a child out there! I would not be surprised if this were the reason for the new "no access" policy.

I bet you're right on the money, Rala. If anyone else wants to call and see if they can get more info on "why" here's the number: 305-358-1234.

Strangely enough, balcony is still listed under the amenities for this location on the Web site. At least the travel sites are updating their info...

The balconies are icky, IMHO. Just a slice of concrete and some ratty chairs. We had a city view and it was really noisy up there, too. I was surprised that you could even go out there, to tell the truth.

When you check in, find out what floor is being worked on and avoid being booked directly underneath. We were there in May on the 18th floor, and they were doing renovations directly above our room, rousting me out of bed at 8:00 am (coming from the Left Coast, my body noted that it was only 5:00). It was really inexecusable, and they ended up refunding the points I had used to book the hotel.

The sealing of the doors could be related to the FL building code. Since it sounds like they are doing a renovation they might have to abide by the current codes, depending on how much is being renovated. Sealed, unoperable doors are generally stronger than operable doors.

Archived