freedom dress sense/code

can any one help please on dress code for formal nights and other nights,the ladies of the party are getting worried about what to take.

what is a rough guide to take in the suitcase for two weeks.

please help it would make my life better and bank account too,as the wife wants to spend spend spend

2nd of sept for two weeks west and east carribean

no kids just shear indulgence i hope

can any one help please on dress code for formal nights and other nights,the ladies of the party are getting worried about what to take.

what is a rough guide to take in the suitcase for two weeks.

please help it would make my life better and bank account too,as the wife wants to spend spend spend

2nd of sept for two weeks west and east carribean

no kids just shear indulgence i hope

If you're onboard for two weeks, there will be 4 formal nights. Either cocktail dresses, gowns, or fancy pant suits will be fine. For other night, outfits like skirts or capris or a nice pants suit would be just fine. :)

On a cruise that long, formal means just that! She need not spend a fortune, but evening wear is the order of the day! (For you, too!) Most nights, the women will be dressed to the nines--not necessarily formal, but well put together. Heels, jewelry, nice slacks or capris, nice tops, etc..... The longer cruises tend to have folks who really pay attention to their attire.

Here is our family photo from the first Formal night on the Mariner last week.

2007-Cruise_602x482.jpg

For my son and I it was easy, we wore our dress uniforms. But my wife who I love dearly is the ultimate smart shopper. She stops in a few local second hand stores regularly and gets all kinds of nifty stuff. She paid $2 for the Jacket, made the head piece, and the rest found in her closet.

What a woman!

Tell your wife to check out the second hand stores. They are there and the better ones have great stuff.

Op, we will be on that sailing with you!

I'd take enough for two nights and have the items dry cleaned on the ship and wear them again the second week. How many people are going to remember what you wore?

For the ladies, a single dressy black skirt or pants and some fancy tops that they can mix and match will do the trick.

Archived