Taxis in Honfleur

Like most ships, mine stops in Le Havre for 12 hours this summer. I'll be traveling solo.

I hope to find a taxi/guide to take me ONLY to Omaha Beach & American Cemetery and then to transport me back via ocean road to Honfleur. Those of you who've been there.....can I get off the ship and find this service at the pier? Or, should I secure a taxi pre-cruise? Any advice?

I would like to, then, spend several hours in Honfleur on my own. How easy (time-wise), plentiful and WHERE would I go to get a taxi in Honfleur back to the ship?

Thanks for any assistance,

Martha

Hi Martha,

Stopped at Le Havre in April and used a taxi driver to take 4 of us on a customized tour which included over some of Normandy area, including the Benedictine factory at Fecamp then over Normandy bridge, to Deauville and Honfleur, where we stopped for lunch. The driver Olivier was great, had perfect English. You can reach him at Pivain@aol.com and find out what he can do for you. You wll find it much cheaper if you can get someone(s) to share the cost. The ride out to the american cemetery,etc is quite long.

If you contact him tell him Deanna and Jay and Patrick and Bob say hello. (We were on Century)

Good luck,

Deanna

Deanna:

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll email them.

This is last port stop of a 12 day cruise, so I might well find someone to share onboard. The couple I'm travelling with is leaving the cruise 1 day early in Le Havre to do a post-cruise in Paris. They may do this with me first and then go on down to Paris later in the day.

I contacted the Le Havre Tourism Office and they only suggested a full Normandy Beaches tour with taxis-le-havre or a car rental. Gave no recommendations for private car/guides who can customize a tour. I found that odd. So, I appreciate your recommendation.

Martha

Archived