Cab fare question

HMSDingy

Does anybody have an idea how much this would cost? I can get quotes from the limo services but I can't seem to find info on cab fares.

What city are you talking about and what route information are you trying to get for the cab fare?

How would I have known that? the OP doesn't refer to anything regarding what he is asking.

you need to be psychic today...I know because he asked on another board...and yes you are right I hate when people post for info without saying where in the Headline of the thread...or even in the thread....

you need to be psychic today...I know because he asked on another board...and yes you are right I hate when people post for info without saying where in the Headline of the thread...or even in the thread....

O.K. so I goofed but no need to get nasty....La Guardia to Cape Liberty....

On second thought...never mind. I'll get my answer elsewhere. You have 7500 posts to my 180, ergo I'm the new kid. I'm new at this. Give me some leeway here no need to be rude.:mad:

Her Majesty's Ship Dingy,

don't be offended...it's just some good old fashioned ribbing. but seriously...the whole cab fare question can be a bit tough to answer.

if you didn't commit to your flight plan...i'd recommend flying into newark so you can avoid the hassle of having to get into NJ.

and given the gas prices and tolls...i think it's gonna be equivalent either way you go...taxi or limo service.

sometimes when i fly domestic i compare the prices of EWR vs LGA vs JFK. there are times when the price difference would equal the amount of fare i need to get taken to the ny airports.

On second thought...never mind. I'll get my answer elsewhere. You have 7500 posts to my 180, ergo I'm the new kid. I'm new at this. Give me some leeway here no need to be rude.:mad:

Is it rude to point out that you didn't say where you were going to or coming from? Please get your answer somewhere else since you obviously don't like the truth and by the way(BTW)....it is annoying when in a post some one doesn't say where they are taking the cab from and too.....or what city it is.I wasn't the one who said how they should know....and I of course can't say what I don't like....its only rude when you take it that way...

BTW here is Carmel website

http://www.carmellimo.com/Rates.shtml

it has the LGA to Manhattan and the Manhattan to EWR rate(which is much farther than Port Liberty if you add those rate you get $71.00 plus tolls and tip. It should be less but it probably won't be since they tend to charge more even though its not as far. Use them instead of a cab...the cars tend to be nicer and this is the same info I gave you on your original post and its what $50.00 less than you were quoted.....

I think the cab fare from EWR to Cape Liberty is $40.00 plus tips and toll

Is it rude to point out that you didn't say where you were going to or coming from? Please get your answer somewhere else since you obviously don't like the truth and by the way(BTW)....it is annoying when in a post some one doesn't say where they are taking the cab from and too.....or what city it is.I wasn't the one who said how they should know....and I of course can't say what I don't like....its only rude when you take it that way...

BTW here is Carmel website

http://www.carmellimo.com/Rates.shtml

it has the LGA to Manhattan and the Manhattan to EWR rate(which is much farther than Port Liberty if you add those rate you get $71.00 plus tolls and tip. It should be less but it probably won't be since they tend to charge more even though its not as far. Use them instead of a cab...the cars tend to be nicer and this is the same info I gave you on your original post and its what $50.00 less than you were quoted.....

I think the cab fare from EWR to Cape Liberty is $40.00 plus tips and toll

I am humbled by the fact that you did answer. I have to fly into La Guardia in order to get a free flight (I just pay the taxes) and a flight from Montreal to New York is about $1000 for the both of us.

Again thank you.....:o

I am humbled by the fact that you did answer. I have to fly into La Guardia in order to get a free flight (I just pay the taxes) and a flight from Montreal to New York is about $1000 for the both of us.

Again thank you.....:o

In my answer when you first posted this on another thread. I told you Carmel had a website, I assumed that you could look it up on a google search like I did. BTW it has been reported here somewhere that cabs from LGA refused to take people to the Bayonne Cruise terminal and when you can find one they charge a minimum of $100 plus tolls and tip. I don't use Carmel I can't vouch for them. I use Arecibo which has never done me wrong but other than that I don't vouch for them either. There is no good inexpensive way to get from LGA to EWR. You will also notice I never suggested to you to change to EWR, I figuired you had a reason so now grow up don't be humble and don't get upset when people ask where you are talking about which is not rude....

In my answer when you first posted this on another thread. I told you Carmel had a website, I assumed that you could look it up on a google search like I did. BTW it has been reported here somewhere that cabs from LGA refused to take people to the Bayonne Cruise terminal and when you can find one they charge a minimum of $100 plus tolls and tip. I don't use Carmel I can't vouch for them. I use Arecibo which has never done me wrong but other than that I don't vouch for them either. There is no good inexpensive way to get from LGA to EWR. You will also notice I never suggested to you to change to EWR, I figuired you had a reason so now grow up don't be humble and don't get upset when people ask where you are talking about which is not rude....

Alright enough already....thanks for the info...case closed.

http://www.airlinknyc.com/

You can try airlink as well. They are the shared van service, but they also have plain old car service as well. I have used them with no problem (shared van service). They will tell you some ridiculous time like three hours but it is NEVER that long. The longest I waited for them is 1/2 an hour. It cost me $15 door to door from Newark airport to Manhattan, which is very cheap. It can't hurt to check them out.

Archived