I am not to sure of AirTran

lssg

Just went to check my flight details out online at AirTran and was surprised to see both my direct flights are now connecting....I am not happy...now I have a lay over in Atlanta going to florida and coming home...I am very unhappy....I hope this isn't an indication of what is to come when we fly in november with AirTran...I booked with them because both flights were direct...am I worrying over nothing? We get into florida at about 11 pm.

What route are you flying? Did they just reschedule the direct flights to a different part of the day and as a result put you on connecting flights so you can at least travel during the time of day you had planned to?

As Lvtotrvl said, all lines are constantly revising their schedules. In Atlanta I think just about all AirTran flights are on the same concourse. A minor hiccup. Check the many threads about AirTran and I think you will be very satisfied with AirTran.

Unfortunately it seems the further out you book the more likely you are to see some type of change in your flight plans.

As the date grows closer the airline has a better idea of how many seats they are going to sell and adjust the aircraft accordingly.

For example if XXX airlines starts selling seats from LA to Chicago on a 747 and realizes they arent going to sell out that plane they switch to a smaller aircraft.

OR they may cancel that flight all together and consolidate two flights and its passengers. Better to fly one full plane than two that are half empty.

They switched you. Call them and see if they can put on you a better flight.

We had our direct flight changed to connect through Atlanta with Air Tran recently. We were very pleased with Air Tran in the past, and continue to prefer to book with them.

One note - our return connection through Atlanta (both Air Tran flights) required us to change terminals. It took about 15 min. to get from one to the other - and with flying cross country it was actually a welcome stretch of the legs. That being said, our flights were on time, and we did have adequate time between connections, so there was no panic involved.

As a general rule, we try to avoid Atlanta like the plague when booking flights, and try to book direct flights. Just don't need the "connections" stress factor. We always try to get in at least a day before the sailing as well.

We do appreciate AirTran's pricing, the state of the equipment and the baggage handling. Only good things to say about these.

We have never had both our direct flights changed to connecting flights and they both get in much later than the original scheduled time we had....I have had flight times changed on me before but never had such a drastic change in times and both flights now have connecting flights in atlanta....I booked with them to begin with because they were both direct flights....sorry to complain...

yes...and there is nothing they can do...just keep checking flights and see if they change again....When they changed it the first time, they didn't even notify me...I looked at their web site and found out I had my flights changed...

Archived