Coconut Court Beach Hotel

Flintstone

Can anyone tell me about this hotel? How is it located in regards to the Gap and Bridgetown (Boatyard)?

We cruised last Nov and fell in love with BGI. This is a rather spur of the moment trip...but with air fares thru the roof....was looking to save a little $$$ and go with a moderate hotel. Needs to be a "safe" area as I would be traveling alone and meeting up with people later.

Thanks for any help!

Deb

My parents (ages 76 and 80) have reservations at this hotel in December and would also like to know more about it. They need to make sure it is conveniently located and in an area they would feel safe. I am hoping you get a reply to this inquiry. Have a great trip!

I went ahead and booked this hotel for next month and will be happy to report back to you when I return. Through my research so far....in regards to your parents....I would make sure they request a room on the ground level. It is my understanding that the hotel is 4 stories and has no elevator/lift. Other than that.....I've read pretty good reviews on trip advisor (and they're known to be tough sometimes!)

Deb

Can anyone tell me about this hotel? How is it located in regards to the Gap and Bridgetown (Boatyard)?

We cruised last Nov and fell in love with BGI. This is a rather spur of the moment trip...but with air fares thru the roof....was looking to save a little $$$ and go with a moderate hotel. Needs to be a "safe" area as I would be traveling alone and meeting up with people later.

Thanks for any help!

Deb

CCB hotel in Hastings has been around for a while.

I haven't been there for a few years, but it seemed adequate then. They have a great beach, too. You may find a few scuffs and scrapes here and there, but everything is quite clean and the staff happy and attentive. It's not Sandy Lane, but just fine for the price.

Hastings is in "The Gap". It is perhaps 15-20 minutes from B-town, close to the museum and Rockley Golf course. You're within walking distance to many eating establishments and night clubs and 10-15 minutes from Oistins which has a wonderful Friday night lime (party...fish fry & music).

Yes, this area is safe. I wouldn't go walking on the beach at midnight anywhere on the island, but staying in town is fine.

Busses, ZR vans and taxis can all wisk you to any activities on the West coast in minutes. I think you'll be quite pleased with your choice.

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday! :)

You're welcome!

I'll give you my best guess about the taxi rates.

It is about nine (9) miles from CCB hotel to GA airport. Last time I checked, taxi rates were at US$25/hr for up to four (4) in the cab. Let's say traffic was bad and the commute was 30 minutes, you're looking at US$12.50 to US$15.00 one way. Shouldn't be more.

The rates are posted at the airport and the cabs are unmetered. There are also ZR vans that go that way for a buck. Busses, too.

Enjoy! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Napanee.......as an update for your parents....

I have just returned from the Coconut Court and found it quite satisfactory. My only concerns for your parents would be the lack of an elevator. My room numbered in the 100s was actually on the 3rd level of the building. On the front (street side), I only needed to walk up one level....however, from the pool/beach side it was actually up 3 flights. If they have no mobility issues...they will be fine. I imagine the very bottom level was more of a "garden view". There was some "street noise" to be heard from my room....especially at night from the club across the street...but it wasn't enough to be a problem. As far as activities go...there was not much going on....some entertainment by the pool a couple evenings...but this is their low season and not very busy at all. Seems popular with English families. (I saw many people in your parents age group). The room air conditioner was great! and very necessary for this time of year. November, hopefully, will be less humid. There was not much in the immediate area...the club I mentioned (someone said they served food in the day...but I don't know) and a little Italian deli/pizza place across the street. Good food there. The location is perfect for heading out in both directions....St. Lawence Gap to the south and Bridgetown to the North. Bus stop directly across the street...however, I was warned to avoid the "white bus" unless your parents are seeking a "thrill ride"!! The extreme humidity at this time of year kept me from exploring the area on foot as much as I had planned and the main road that ran in front of the hotel appeared to be a "adventurous" walk at best. Taxis were readily available from the hotel.

Please tell them that if they are looking for an incredible meal....Pieces in St Lawrence Gap is a must!

As long as your parents understand that this is not Sandy Lane or the Hilton....they should be fine. I hope their view from their balcony is as specatular as mine was!!!

Hastings is in "The Gap".

Hastings is in 'The Gap'? - in St.Lawrence Gap? Are you sure?

I don't think so!

Let's start by identifying 'The Gap' as the St.Lawrence Gap,

a fairly noisy yeehaw nightclub area where you might want to party some nights,

but where you don't want to be staying in your hotel,

unless you're a young party-freak and actually like noisy nocturnal conditions with low bass-frequencies,etc.

By all means party there, but don't stay in The Gap.

Coconut Court is about 2 miles(?) away from The Gap,

it's a family-run hotel, run by the Blades family,

and they get tons of repeat business if that means anything to you,

but it's quite aways from The Gap(mercifully)!

Stay with confidence at Coconut Court.

They have a nice beach and a big natural tide-pool

protected from any vigorous surf action(some days)

by a barrier of big ole stones.

In the large tidepool are some rocks forming a little reef

where you can take bread bits out, to feed the fish

(they're waiting on you). You'll have fish all around you!

Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

Archived