Better palce to snorkel for first timer

winkshouse

I am a first time cruiser and will be sailing in Dec on RCCL Majesty of the Seas with ports of call being CocoCay and Nassau, I plan on snorkeling, but was wondering of the two islands, which one would be better for snorkeling as this is my first time for that as well, I plan on renting jet skis on the one where I don't snorkel... I am booking my excursions through the cruise line this time.. Thanks............

Just got back from my first cruise. I tried snorkeling, for the first time, in Cocoa Cay and I LOVED IT! You just get your stuff and wade into the water - very non-threatening. They even have Rx masks if you like (although I wore my contact lenses and was fine). A huge manta ray swum right underneath me! I can't wait to go again.

• 2 weeks later...

I too just got back from Coco Cay. I did snorkel for the first time there. It was really easy. Just rented my vest and fins and after the small talk they give, just go out in the water and start swimming. There are 3 seperate areas to snorkel. 2 are shallower water and one is a deep water snorkel. I did not go to that one this time, but I did get out to the farthest shallow (it really isnt that shallow) I saw turtles, lots of fish and I also saw a stingray coming back in. He was really large. I cant compare it to Nassau but it was really great for my first time. Very unstructured go where you want when you want. I didnt book with RCCL just went to the island and signed up and rented my stuff.

How much do they charge you to rent the snorkle equipment? I am doing this same cruise NOv 1st-5th and was thinking of booking Rainbow Reef Snorkeling excursion through RCCL for the Bahamas but might want to do this too (once you snorkel--you will be hooked!)

Archived