Passport question

ladypalmtree

Her passport would not be valid for entry into many countries around the world. Many (most?) require there to be six months past the date you expect to exit remaining on a valid passport.

But.... we do not need a passport to cruise from U.S. to Mexico and back. All we need is a raised seal birth certificate and government issued photo I.D. Seeing as she is too young to drive, you may have to get her an I.D.

IF you should have an emergency while in Mexico and need to fly home, you probably would have a problem. It is mandatory we have passports to fly from any location outside the U.S. or its territories. Just last week, because of the huge overload, the government announced a temporary waiver of this passport requirement.

If you have applied for a passport (or renewal) and have not yet received it, you can fly without it by producing evidence of application for the passport.

Send in her renewal, get the required proof you have sent it and you should be fine.

Have a great cruise.

Palmtree - At this time, you and your DD don't need passports. You can go with only your state-issued certified birth certificates and photo IDs. (The b/c doesn't have to have a raised seal...as most states are now issuing the certificates on state watermark paper - no raised seal.):)

I went to AAA and booked the cruise, the TA told me that it would not be a problem. Even though her passport expires in four months, the website let me use her passport to check in online. It said that our information is complete. I think that we will take the birth certificates and photo id anyway...thank you...........:)

Leave the BC at home, you will not need it. It's not a requirement of the cruiseline, it is to re-enter the US, they are not required to go into Mexico.

Since her passport is good for 4 months, unless you have a pressing need to have one before she turns 16, wait until after her 16th birthday, they will be good for 10 years instead of the childrens 5 year ones.

I have a 15 year old daughter whose passport will expire about a year from now, I plan on renewing it the day after her 16th birthday next January. Passports applications, both new and renew (I think) will continue to take a lot more time than they used to.

Have a fun trip with your daughter!

Archived