Towel animals on princess cruises

redjuliet

On our last Alaskan cruise (May 14-28) we had towel animals. We had four of them. A dog, rabbit, monkey and a swan. Dennis our cabin steward did this for several of his cabins. This was on the Island princess.

eileen

In general, there are no towel animals on Princess, for which I'm happy. My experience with towel animals on RCI was pretty bad where they went into a drawer and pulled out a couple of my things to dress up the towel animal (probably because I don't leave sunglasses and stuff lying around.) Sorry, I just don't think that a steward should or needs to go through a drawer for ANY reason so as a result, I am very anti-towel animals. Taking my personal things isn't "cute."

You just had a poor cabin steward--I'm sure you don't really have anything against the towel animals themselves. They always make me smile when I see them.:)

On a 23 day cruise earlier this year, we were blessed with an extremely attentive room steward. After rewarding him mid cruise with a bonus tip, he began making towel anomals for us every so often. Never happened other than this instance however, so we think he perhaps worked for HAL or RCCL at some point.

You just had a poor cabin steward--I'm sure you don't really have anything against the towel animals themselves. They always make me smile when I see them.:)
You're right.. as long as the steward doesn't touch any of my things.

Hi,

In May 2007- on the Grand TA our cabin steward created an elephant from several towels. It was a first for us receiving this on Princess. Later in the cruise, we used the towel in the Scrap heap challenge (you create a boat from scrap around the ship). We used a Cleopatra theme and the elephant fit right in. You will see it on the front of the boat.

boat7.jpg

We had two towel animals on our transatlantic cruise on the Grand. Our room steward Jay made a bulldog and an elephant for us. We smiled everytime we saw them. Some nights he used the chocolates as eyes, propped the Patter up like it was being read, put my sunglasses on the bulldog, etc. It was just a nice thoughtful gesture and we really appreciated it. :)

Hi,

In May 2007- on the Grand TA our cabin steward created an elephant from several towels. It was a first for us receiving this on Princess. Later in the cruise, we used the towel in the Scrap heap challenge (you create a boat from scrap around the ship). We used a Cleopatra theme and the elephant fit right in. You will see it on the front of the boat.

boat7.jpg

Great picture! That's what memories are made of ...

Last April on the Diamond, the cabin steward made towel animals. This went on for several days and we left one of the animals holding his tip.

That's a neat idea...tip in the animal's hand..I'll remember that one!

We always take pictures of the towel animals. People we share our photos with love to look at them and it's nice to look at the pictures and enjoy the towel animals again and again.

Our son mentioned to our room steward that he really missed his dog...she made him a dog that evening and he kept it by his bed the rest of the cruise.

I like the towel animals but it's not a deal breaker as to whether I sail Princess or not.

17 princess cruises and had towel animals one time --kissing swans also for our anniversary cruise. I believe we were on the Diamond Princess for that cruise.

We've never had a towel animal, but our cabin steward did different things with our blankets at turn-down.

One evening the spread was turned down to look like a giant bow, another it looked like a big swooping wave....something different each night.

I just read another thread that someone had stated something about "no towel animals" on princess cruises. My husband has never been on one before and I always thought that was fun. Does anyone know if they do or not?
On our cruise last month, our cabin steward never made any towel animals for us. (Thank goodness, I hate the things.)

But the cabin steward for our friends on the other side of the ship did make a couple of towel animals for them, so looks like it's very much an individual thing.

We were on the Crown last July, and we had towel animals...very fun! Also, they did a demo of how to make them in the Atrium near the International Cafe one morning. It is a pretty cool skill, and if you know how to do it doesn't take very long.

We tried, and couldn't get them quite right...the elephant's trunk was always a little "off". :D

We were on the Diamond Princess May 5th repositioning from L.A. to Vancouver in a mini suite and we had two nights of towel animals - a monkey and an elephant. This was the first time I had ever seen them on Princess and the room steward explained they usually just do it for the kids. I'm not sure what that says about my maturity level, but I took it as a compliment.

• 4 weeks later...

When I heard that Princess didn't (as a rule) leave towel animals, I decided that we would leave towel animals for our cabin steward...this might encourage them to do the same...leaving a tip on the animal is a cute idea...and will make them smile more than the animal.:)

I just read another thread that someone had stated something about "no towel animals" on princess cruises. My husband has never been on one before and I always thought that was fun. Does anyone know if they do or not?

I have been on several Princess ships (in suites) and was surprised to find a towel animal hanging from the light above our bed when we returned to room !! Then again came back to room and found two lovely swains on bed.

Both of these "towel animals" were in 2006 on the Coral and Caribbean:D

Archived