Need new luggage

Jem4life

Anyone have any leads on where I can find some decent quality luggage at a fair price? The stuff we have is falling apart and I want to replace it before our March cruise. I didn't pay much for our last set and we got pretty much use out of it... but it's not going to survive another trip!

Also, anyone use those Space Bags for packing? Never tried them, but would like to know if anyone has an opinion on them.

We got a 5 or 7 piece Samosonite (black nylon) set at Sam's Club back in March. We were happy with the quality and price. We have used it a ton since March (hubby travels with job a lot, and we cruise 1-3 times a year).

Natalie

Just bought DS a 5 piece 1200 denier set there (for his birthday) for $89.99 - very nice quality; should last a good long time.
I had noticed that most "brand name" luggage is only 600 denier.
Bought space bags at Bed, Bath and Beyond (the roll-up kind, not the kind that you need a vacuum for). Loved them and won't travel without them again!
KTE

Got great luggage before our cruise last Feb. through [url="http://www.luggageonline.com"]www.luggageonline.com[/url]. Also, try Marshall's or TJMaxx if they are near you. Found a $350 rolling 26" Travelpro suitcase for $99.

Ross sometimes has some great stuff. We have bought Atlantic brand there and got some really good deals. I recently bought a couple of rolling pieces from QVC. I don't know how great the quality is but I loved the tapresty design. It was very attractive and the colors were not so masculine as it seems all the tapestry pieces seem to be now. I guess manufactures feel florals are "femine" so go with masculine colors to make them generic for both sexes. I don't agree-men can just buy the solid colors instead of tapestry.

Anyway it was around $75 for 2 pieces. I could have bought Atlantic brand that had 4 pieces for $125 but I did not like the colors as well plus I really just wanted a carryon with wheels as I have a great rolling duffel by Atlantic that I bought at Ross. Anyway my luggage still cordinates-the Atlantic is a dark hunter/slightly teal color and my tapestry is a floral print which has this same color in the background so I can easily mix the pieces.

I've seen luggage at Costco that seemed to be a good price. Plus if you keep your receipt you can return it at any time if it doesn't hold up. Costco also sells the space bags. I think it is a combo pack of both the kind you use with a vacuum and the travel kind. They are a good deal at Costco. I find the travel ones work well. They are better for fluffy items like polar fleece.

Lydia

I have bought a considerable amount of luggage from ebags.com. Any problem I have had (which were few) were taken care of quite quickly. I bought my son a kids backpack and after about six months of hard use the inner lining shredded. I wrote to ebags saying I knew I couldn't get a refund since we had had the bag so long, but I just wanted them to know what happened with the product. They wrote back giving me a full refund and 20% off my next order. They have great sales too!!

Archived