How is the A deck on the Statendam?

cruzinchar

Well, It's starting to get real! My husband and I leave tomorrow for Anchorage with four days on our own, and then on Thursday the 19th we join our Cruise Tour prior to sailing on the Stantendam out of Seward next Sunday, the 22nd. We have a guaranteed BB verandah, and our friends who booked the cruise at the last minute (got the last cabin supposedly) have a guaranteed NN inside stateroom, which would actually be up on the verandah deck. Anyway, I have been checking both of our immigration forms several times a day, and was just about ready to give up on seeing a cabin pop up. Ours still has not been assigned, but today our friends were assigned to 750 which is a class N on the A deck. She is really disappointed, because she wanted to be on the same deck as we are, (but only a guarantee was available to her), but mostly she is worried about engine noise way down on the A deck. Should she be worried about that? I've told her that she'll have a better cabin than the NN, cause those have the door on the side....that must be strange. Can someone tell me what I can tell her to reassure her that her cabin will be fine. It's very far aft, as well. (I am so excited!)

Of course their room isn't located as nicely as yours but we were on Statendam in May/June in route to Alaska on Back to Backs and were on Main floor and there was never a noise problem. Sleeping and changing clothes in their room then spending time in your room with a view should still make for a great cruise. We met some folks on the a deck and they were fine. No problem with excess movement or anything I'm sure you will love it and so will they.

Happy sailing:p

Well, It's starting to get real! My husband and I leave tomorrow for Anchorage with four days on our own, and then on Thursday the 19th we join our Cruise Tour prior to sailing on the Stantendam out of Seward next Sunday, the 22nd. We have a guaranteed BB verandah, and our friends who booked the cruise at the last minute (got the last cabin supposedly) have a guaranteed NN inside stateroom, which would actually be up on the verandah deck. Anyway, I have been checking both of our immigration forms several times a day, and was just about ready to give up on seeing a cabin pop up. Ours still has not been assigned, but today our friends were assigned to 750 which is a class N on the A deck. She is really disappointed, because she wanted to be on the same deck as we are, (but only a guarantee was available to her), but mostly she is worried about engine noise way down on the A deck. Should she be worried about that? I've told her that she'll have a better cabin than the NN, cause those have the door on the side....that must be strange. Can someone tell me what I can tell her to reassure her that her cabin will be fine. It's very far aft, as well. (I am so excited!)

While I've not been on the A deck on the Statendam, on the other ships most of the engine noise is at the stern...and it is not sporadic, just an almost-pleasant hum. I agree that she'll be fine, as long as she can accept an inside cabin, since that's all that was available to her.

Hope you enjoy your trip...when you get back, would appreciate your comments on the condition of the Statendam, and in particular, whether or not the new beds are in place in the veranda cabins.

Bon voyage!

Thanks for those reassuring words! I know she'll be fine. Actually, now she's more excited, cause she realized it's a quad, so figures it's bigger. Even if it isn't, she thinks it is, so she's happy. What's this about new beds in the verandah cabins on the Statendam? I will definitely post a message when I return and let you all know how the Statendam is. It seems that it's a favorite from the past for many people, and the hope is that it is still holding up ok, is that right?

:) ;) Me after sleeping on new mattress

We were on Statendam on Hawaii cruise in Feb and again in May to Alaska and the new mattresses had been put in all cabins and they were wonderful. Much more comfortable. We love the Statendam. Our next cruise is on the Ryndam in Nov, hoping we like it half as much as Statendam.

Enjoy Alaska, I know you will it is beautiful and the crew of Statendam is outstanding.

Archived