Replace Johnny Rockets with In-n-Out burger

We have In and Out burger here in AZ. The burgers are Ok and the shakes are really really good but the fries are horrible (limp) so I pass the place by. I've never had JR so I cannot compare but I would like to know about their fries. If they are not nice and crispy I would pass them by as well.

We have In and Out burger here in AZ. The burgers are Ok and the shakes are really really good but the fries are horrible (limp) so I pass the place by. I've never had JR so I cannot compare but I would like to know about their fries. If they are not nice and crispy I would pass them by as well.

In & Out fries are only good when fresh. But I am not a fry person. Don't usually eat them. And the In & Out burgers are so good!!!!

This must be a west coast thing. I'm from the east coast and I've never even heard of this restaurant before.

Started in 1948 in Southern California. For most of their years, they were just a small chain family owned and operated here in So Cal. In 1993, the owner died in a plane crash and the rest of the family (his children) took over. It is still a family run chain, but since his death, they have expanded into Nevada and Arizona. They are made fresh daily and never frozen, and if you go there, you will see that they use real potatos for their fries and cut the potatos daily, all day. There is always a line, no matter what time of the day or night you go. And the drive-thru line can be 30 mintues long or more. Can you tell I love them?

Double, Double with cheese. In N Out is local. They are expanding, but they are strictly a burger place. For years they did not franchise. I have never had JR so can not compare.

Actually the best burger I ever had was in Iowa and called a Made Right. That was 35 years ago.

Started in 1948 in Southern California. For most of their years, they were just a small chain family owned and operated here in So Cal. In 1993, the owner died in a plane crash and the rest of the family (his children) took over. It is still a family run chain, but since his death, they have expanded into Nevada and Arizona. They are made fresh daily and never frozen, and if you go there, you will see that they use real potatos for their fries and cut the potatos daily, all day. There is always a line, no matter what time of the day or night you go. And the drive-thru line can be 30 mintues long or more. Can you tell I love them?

Thanks for the info. We do have a place similar called five guys burgers and fries. They use all fresh never frozen beef and fresh cut potatos as well. I have never been to JR's yet but I'm sure it can't compete with the place you have described. All of this burger talk is starting to make me hungry. LOL:)

You West coast guys have all the fun!!

Tanker 4

Thanks for the info. We do have a place similar called five guys burgers and fries. They use all fresh never frozen beef and fresh cut potatos as well. I have never been to JR's yet but I'm sure it can't compete with the place you have described. All of this burger talk is starting to make me hungry. LOL:)

Making me hungry too. I think I might have to have an In & Out today. :D Haven't had one in a few months.

Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to try five guys and never think about it when I'm hungry. By the way where in delco are you from?

This must be a west coast thing. I'm from the east coast and I've never even heard of this restaurant before.

We're in PA and when DH wears his In and Out t-shirts, he always gets comments from folks that have moved east. They miss their In and Out burgers.

I've tried them and I think there better than JR's too. (Although JR's are pretty darn good.) How about Farmer Boys? Even better yet!:)

Never heard of In&Out here in the east. However, I love JR's burgers, fries and onion rings. Shakes are excellent as is the apple pie. JR'S USES ONLY FRESH GROUND BEEF. Probably chuck or sirloin or a mix. No frozen patties.

Fitz, ever been to the Apple Pan on Pico, IMO- there is no better burger.

No, I have never been there. I am guessing it is something that I should try? Pico & what?

Well, you all did it. Had to go get my In & Out. Had a double double, fries and a coke. (no shake today). Thanks for the lunch suggestion.

sorry flagger but I'll have to disagree with you on this one. I do like In N Out but it can be hit or miss, some of their restaurants aren't as good as others. Wonder why that is:confused:

So now this thread has made me hungry and I'm going to have to go out for a burger now.

We did Johnny Rockets on last years Mariner. I didn't think it was a big deal. We have them here in S Florida- same food. It is o.k. I don't go on a cruise for Johnny Rockets. I can do that at home anytime. does anyone else feel this way?

No, I have never been there. I am guessing it is something that I should try? Pico & what?

Well, you all did it. Had to go get my In & Out. Had a double double, fries and a coke. (no shake today). Thanks for the lunch suggestion.

Pico and Westwood Blvd.- this year they are celebrating their 60th year in the same location- give it a try, hickory chesse and fries.

We did Johnny Rockets on last years Mariner. I didn't think it was a big deal. We have them here in S Florida- same food. It is o.k. I don't go on a cruise for Johnny Rockets. I can do that at home anytime. does anyone else feel this way?

Totally. As a matter of fact, we won't eat there anyway. I think their burgers are crap, actually. But to each his/her own. We all like different kinds of burgers.

Archived