Replace Johnny Rockets with In-n-Out burger

When we sailed from Galveston last January we stopped at Whataburger and loved it. It was better than any fast food joint we have here in the East. Although our pizza is still the best.

Chicago style pizza rocks! :eek: (uh oh, what have I started now)

I've never had them. However, my husband travels frequently to the west coast and swears by In and Out Burger. I don't like fast food, but he did introduce me to Baja Fresh and I liked that, so it might be good. This from a woman who has a frozen Moon Pie in her freezer.:p (You can't get them here)

When we sailed from Galveston last January we stopped at Whataburger and loved it. It was better than any fast food joint we have here in the East. Although our pizza is still the best.

Yuck to the Whatburger here(there is NEVER anyone there)..............we are getting a Backyard Burger place?? Any input on that one???:confused:

In the South we have Krystals. Greasy and addictive. Great for late night eating in college where calories after 9:00 didn't count. Lived in Texas - not such a Whataburger fan. But, then again, I don't like most fast food places (or at least I try to tell myself that).

Pizza, however, I like. I prefer NY style over Chicago. Chicago is too doughy for me. Definately I like any "real pizza" (like from a family owned joint)either style to a chain any day. Never think Domino's, Pizza Hut, etc. is pizza. I don't think I've ever had the pizza on ship though.

People actually like JR's onion rings? BLECH! I'm sure you like BK's as well. UGH!

If we are going to replace JR, can we replace Seattle's Best with a Second Cup or a Tim Horton's?

What is Tim Horton's?

I've never had an In & Out, but have heard great things about them.

I never heard anyone rave about a JR. After trying one on the ship last year, I found out why. It wasn't my cup 'o tea. The dancing didn't help either.

I saw this post and couldn't resist adding to it. We know exactly where In N Out burger is on the way from LAX to San Pedro port or Long Beach port. Anyways a stop for us.:D

Talking about SoCal food----Tri-tips--awesome and can't get them in MN.:(

Thanks for allowing me to put my 2 cents in.

I saw this post and couldn't resist adding to it. We know exactly where In N Out burger is on the way from LAX to San Pedro port or Long Beach port. Anyways a stop for us.:D

Talking about SoCal food----Tri-tips--awesome and can't get them in MN.:(

Thanks for allowing me to put my 2 cents in.

There is actually one right on Sepulveda at the end of the runway. I have been early to pick someone up at the airport many times and I go to in & out, get a burger to eat in the car, and watch the planes come in right over my head. Most fun. :D

I was kind of a spoiled kid...

Back in the early 60s, when I was in elementary school, my family lived in Claremont, California...One of the very first In'n'Outs was on Towne Avenue near Bonita (actually Pomona--"Claremont-adjacent"...The chain actually started in nearby Baldwin Park)...

Anyway, about once a week, my Mom used to drive through the In'n'Out and then drop me off a burger fries and Chocolate Shake just as we were heading out of the classroom to lunch...

I was the envy of every other kid in my class...most of whom were either eating bad Peanut Butter and Jelly or Tuna sanwiches...or that delightful "Chili con Carne" at the Moiuntain View Elementary School Cafeteria!!!

The Apple Pan, BTW, is a little EAST of Westwood Blvd., on the North side of Pico...

One of the beautiful things about In'n'Out is the simplicity of their menu:

Burger, Cheeseburger, "Double-Double", fries, soda, shakes...and that's all, folks!!!

They recently opened a brand new one on Topanga, across from Canoga HS, near the mall...

I've yet to see one, anywhere, at any hour of the day or night, without a long line out of the drive-through...

And, yeah, those cruising out of LA, if you fly in or out of LAX, it's on the east side of Sepulveda, right after Lincoln splits off, as you exit the airport going North toward Santa Monica...If you come visit UCLA, there's one in Westwood Village on Gayley a block south of campus...

I've eaten "fast food" chain burgers all over the country, it's about the only place that doesn't taste like a fast food burger...

Oh, yeah, that and the original Tommy's...

We have In and Out burger here in AZ. The burgers are Ok and the shakes are really really good but the fries are horrible (limp) so I pass the place by. I've never had JR so I cannot compare but I would like to know about their fries. If they are not nice and crispy I would pass them by as well.

Live in Az too. Now have In and Out Burgers all over. Before only had in Ca.

Fries are not crisp at all. We really don't like the fries. It's a shame since they are freshly made that they are not crispier, would be sooo good.

The hamburger patty is very small. ("Where's the beef ? ") Like the sauce and crisp bun. We do eat them once in a while because they are different.

Now perhaps I am incorrect but can you really compare JR and In and Out Burger hamburgers?

To bring this back to cruising since Mariner is going to be visiting CA maybe they could try In N Out on her since it is local.

Bruin Steve, my husband says he thinks In N Out started in Baldwin Park, and you had to bring up Tommy Burger. In regards to hot dogs are we going to start lobbying for Pinks?

Archived