WCC outing - October 2008 last Transatlantic

newtom

Malcolm, Like I mentioned before, the QM2 eastbound is virtually sold out.

:eek: Do you think I'd be on the QM2 if the QE2 were doing the same trip?:D I've just spoken with Cunard and tried to find out a fare for the October QE2 trip - they won't even admit to the fares that they've already given to travel agents.

Ok, I'm a bit confused. If the new sailings are not available for sale until the 27th of June why do so many people have the transatlantic, Round Britain and Final Sailings on their cruise countdown already?

Sadly, I want to do one of the final transatlantics but alas, the finances are just telling me to enjoy the 2007 trip and say goodbye to the Queen this year. :(

I think the story would have been different had the ship been sold in 2009 but Cunard is not going to wait for me.

Actually, the prices are not even that bad. The email I got from Cunard for World Club prices in Canadian dollars were what I would figure is my normal price barrier in US dollars so I don't see the final transatlantics as something Cunard is making everyone pay through their noses. Still no matter what the price is one needs the money.

To those of you who manage to get a booking a very early bon voyage!

David

Matthew, we are hoping to do the QE2 Eastbound and then photograph her all the way back from the QM2, hence the booking. Good excuse eh?

Have I got something wrong here? Isn't the Eastbound crossing the one that's on the way back?:confused:

I have the fares in front of me. The only thing they do not mention is the 3rd guest rate. (or am I missing something?)

Does your price list have the single cabin prices? Could you post the MO and MI prices please?

Thanks,

Julia

Does your price list have the single cabin prices? Could you post the MO and MI prices please?

Thanks,

Julia

£1949/£2349

I know you use that funny money, but at least it will give you an idea. Both directions are the same.

Matthew

I am booked on the January 2008 crossing. I am hoping that my TA will be able to secure space for me on the final EB crossing and on the final voyage to Dubai.

I was not as shocked as I thought I would be when I got the news. Denial? I had a hunch that something was afoot at the World Cruise dinner in Auckland when Carol Marlow in her remarks, which featured a PowerPoint presentation on Queen Victoria, barely mentioned QE2 on this the occasion of her 25th Silver Jubilee World Cruise. The fact that QE2 was not in the spotlight that night as much as we thought she should be did not bode well.

QE2, I am hopeful, will find a good home in Dubai. There is alot of money there, so the chances of her being cared after are encouraging. I would have liked to see her remain in Southampton, but business deals like this one are driven by money and not nostalgia.

While I am curious about the apparent suddenness of it all, I am sure the deal was not done in such haste and has been Carnival's most guarded top secret at the highest levels of management for a while. I learned during a phone call I received this morning that even some of the senior officers on leave were called at their homes only the night before the news was released. I wonder what it must have been like on the ship yesterday when the announcement was made.

I count myself very fortunate to have sailed on this great ship so many times, including her last true full world cruise. I shall remember her very fondly and cherish the many wonderful memories of the places she has taken me and the many friends she has given me.

Godspeed, QE2.

How do you get onboard credit?
This was for QM2 and it is a special offer, possibly a Cunard UK one. It was a fairly decent amount, something like $150-$180 per person. These deals might disapear as soon as 27Jun07 has passed.

Sadly, I want to do one of the final transatlantics but alas, the finances are just telling me to enjoy the 2007 trip and say goodbye to the Queen this year. :(

David

David,

You're an accountant. Surely you can do some "Creative accounting!"

Archived