what next?

rabbitneedles

we've just returned from a wonderful TA crossing on QM2 .This was our first cruise and now we're hooked.What we loved amongst other things was the formality.With this in mind what other lines offer formal nights , we are looking to do a full transit of the panama canal early 2009 any ideas would be appeciated.We are aware that not all ships with this itinery go right though the canal .

QM2 doesn't fit through the panama canal. QV will fit, so she will be your best choice. Maybe the New York - LA segment of the 2009 world cruise will do for you? A transit of the canal approx halfway through the segment.

we've just returned from a wonderful TA crossing on QM2 .This was our first cruise and now we're hooked.What we loved amongst other things was the formality.With this in mind what other lines offer formal nights , we are looking to do a full transit of the panama canal early 2009 any ideas would be appeciated.We are aware that not all ships with this itinery go right though the canal .

I was on the same TA as you - sorry we didn't get to meet - and would suggest you look at Crystal for the Panama Canal. My next trip is their Miami - LA through the Panama Canal in December, which is classed as a 'value sailing' and is excellent value for 13 nights. I don't have my itinerary to hand but think it has 3 formal, 4 semi-formal with the rest casual nights. Ships are beautiful as is the dining experience.

Anne

THANKS I WILL LOOK AT CRYSTAL .DOES SHE GO RIGHT THROUGH THE CANAL ?:confused:

Yes, both their ships are able to make full transits....however full 2009 itineraries have not been released yet, I think they should be out in the next couple of months...

Archived