How to find out if price has dropped?

Bethany Beach

We are pretty new to cruising and new to Celebrity. Will be on the 2/25 Galaxy out of San Juan. I have used a travel agent that I have used for years for all of our trips. I have been reading on these boards about people checking to find out if their cabin price has been reduced and then getting the reduction made to their accounts before final payment.

So, my question is, where do you find this information about lower cabin prices? Do you go directly to the Celebrity web site and pretend that you are booking a similar category cabin and see what appears? Then, do you contact your travel agent and ask for the reduction?

We are pretty new to cruising and new to Celebrity. Will be on the 2/25 Galaxy out of San Juan. I have used a travel agent that I have used for years for all of our trips. I have been reading on these boards about people checking to find out if their cabin price has been reduced and then getting the reduction made to their accounts before final payment.

So, my question is, where do you find this information about lower cabin prices? Do you go directly to the Celebrity web site and pretend that you are booking a similar category cabin and see what appears? Then, do you contact your travel agent and ask for the reduction?

Yes, you can go directly to the X website and check and then contact your TA for the reduction. There have been reports of some TAs (not all by a long shot) not wanting to make the adjustments, so just confirm with your TA what they will do if the price goes down.

Bethany, when I have a cruise booked, especially if I've booked early, I often do a pretend booking for two reasons: 1. to monitor the cost and 2. to see what cabins are available.

Sometimes the cost goes up, but sometimes it goes down. If it goes down I call my TA or cruiseline depending on how it booked. And if a cabin is open that I like better than the one I've booked I do the same.

If I'm on an active roll call I'll post what I've found as others on the roll call sometimes do.

Archived