Bon Voyage & Honeymoon Packages

lvcruises

I was just wondering if anyone had purchased these packages and what you thought of them? Was the fruit and wine good in the Bon Voyage Basket? How about the Canapes and wine in the Honeymoon Package? I got them both, thought they looked like good deals, a nice way to have wine in the room. Did they give you a bottle opener or do I need to bring one with me. Sailing 8/27 PoH. Thanks :p

My GF and I had the $79 romance package on the Dawn 2 years ago I purchased it as a make up for when we traveld on Carnival while I was in a wheel chair (broken ankle) it was a surprise to her We thought it was worth the money since we had a suite I can not answer about a opener for the wine but there should be one or you can ask for one. This time on our08-04-07 Spirit cruise I did order the Romance package again and a fruit basket with wine (as a surprise) she was a little sea sick when on the Dawn and ate green apples which helped her. I also ordered a couple of bottles on the Dawn and did so this time. Nothing like a glass of wine on your balcony. I also read on CC boards that you can have your bottle of wine that you purchased via NCL with dinner at one of the resturants

Have a great cruise

We loved the anniversary package on the Sun. Everything was perfect... and the 'cake party' wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Here is a picture of us with our cake:

315521219_d3416de7a4.jpg

And here is a picture of our meal in Il Adaggio:

317619463_2335920cba.jpg

West Coast ~

Wow! I believe that we need an Il Adaggio on the Dawn:)

Il Adaggio is a surcharge restaurant, it's not free. The menu is far superior to what you'll find at a La Trattoria.

When I read the report after its recent dry dock that La Trattoria was to be no longer on the Dawn, and that Impressions was now Impressions of Italy, I assumed that this had happen on the Dawn. Sadly, I was wrong.

From what I've read, the menu at Impressions of Italy is similar to La Trattoria. What a shame.:(

I was just wondering if anyone had purchased these packages and what you thought of them? Was the fruit and wine good in the Bon Voyage Basket? How about the Canapes and wine in the Honeymoon Package? I got them both, thought they looked like good deals, a nice way to have wine in the room. Did they give you a bottle opener or do I need to bring one with me. Sailing 8/27 PoH. Thanks :p

Both packages are an excellent bargain, and we've done the Honeymoon package on the last 6 cruises. I've even done it with my 16 year old daughter, on our mother daughter cruise. I didn't care for the Canapes that were delivered to our cabin, but hubby loved them. In LeBistro they offered to upsell our bottle of wine if we wanted to pay the difference. On our last DAWN cruise our butler exchanged our bottle of Sparkling Wine (Champagne) for regular red wine.

We had a cork screw in our suite for the last few cruises but I'm sure you could ask if you don't receive one with the package.

We just had the Honeymoon Package given to us on the Dawn by friends for, yes, our Honeymoon.

We enjoyed it very much and, since I knew the cost, felt it was a very good value for the dollar. The canapes provided were...ok...but, hubby is allergic to eggs and shellfish, so those types of things are wasted on him really. The dinner at LeBistro was, as always, fantastic. We did upsell the wine there (they gave us a $20 wine credit) and it was really wonderful. They sang and provided a cake at the end of dinner. Since we were in the Wine Cellar area of LeBistro, the pianist playing, re-played "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and the others in the Wine Cellar area sang again...truly special! :)

We are planning to get the package which comes with 2-25min massages.

Has anyone done this? Are the massages performed at the same time? How do you schedule your spa appointment (I assume it is once you board). What happens if there are no availabilities?

TIA

My DH and I love these packages. Last 2 years we have done the one with the massages. We will be doing it this year too. It is well worth the $$. We schedule our massages the same day and time. They are not done together. But once we are done we both enjoy the pool and the hot tub together. We love the dinner at Le Bistro. The canapes are not the greatest --we try to pawn them off on our teenage sons:D . But I think I have read somewhere on CC that when you order the package you can exchange the canapes for cheese and crackers. I am going to try it when I order it for our upcoming cruise. You do get a cork screw in the room.

Thnaks for asking this question. And thanks everyone for the replies. We are sailing on POH on July 23rd. It is our 5th anniversary & we just ordered the $229.99 anniversary package yesterday. I'm excited & really looking forward to it.

What exactly are canapes? My husband is a vegetarian so if it's fish or meat, he can't eat it. Do I call ncl back & request cheese & crackers? Or can our butler (since we're in a suite) make the change for us?

Thanks everyone for all the posts. It's good to know that I made the right decision. I'm also glad to hear that you get a corkscrew in your room. I didn't really want to bring one with me. I was wondering about the Canapes also what they were, what is on them and if they were any good. If you can exchange for cheese and crackers that would be great. I also read that you get a wine credit certificate with the Anniversary package, how about the Bon Voyage Basket, does the wine come to the room or do you just get a credit to redeem at the restaurant for that one too. I'm hoping the wine comes in the basket :) Any other thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone for all the posts. It's good to know that I made the right decision. I'm also glad to hear that you get a corkscrew in your room. I didn't really want to bring one with me. I was wondering about the Canapes also what they were, what is on them and if they were any good. If you can exchange for cheese and crackers that would be great. I also read that you get a wine credit certificate with the Anniversary package, how about the Bon Voyage Basket, does the wine come to the room or do you just get a credit to redeem at the restaurant for that one too. I'm hoping the wine comes in the basket :) Any other thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The wine is delivered to the cabin along with the fruit basket.

Since you are in a suite here's a look at some of the treats that were delivered each day. Unfortunately they don't tell you what they are when they are delivered.

Click on the photo to see the rest of the album.

2865767920086830375S425x425Q85.jpg

We ordered two wine baskets as well as the anniversary package, so we had lots of wine for the week. We would bring it to the restaurants, back to our cabin, to the lounges...in fact, we preferred to bring it to the lounges; the bartenders would see us set up with a wine bucket and leave us alone and not constantly barrage us with offers to take our drink orders.

We had loads of fruit for the week and snacked often. The straberries were waiting for us upon arrival and were good. We aren't caviar and smoked salmon people, so the canapes were lost on us. I wish I would have thought to ask for cheese and crackers. We used our free photo as a credit towards a portrait, which we were happy with.

I guess I thougth it was for a portrait. How much is the credit for and how much are the portraits? I wonder if you have to ask for the cheese and crackers now or if you get a chance to change it once on board. If anyone knows it would be great information to have.

I guess I thougth it was for a portrait. How much is the credit for and how much are the portraits? I wonder if you have to ask for the cheese and crackers now or if you get a chance to change it once on board. If anyone knows it would be great information to have.

The photo from the Anniversary/Honeymoon party is a 5x7 photo, and I believe they offered us a $10 towards another photo if we didn't want the one taken at the party. The 8x10 portraits were between $20 - $25 depending upon the current special promotion.

Your butler will take care of the cheese and crackers, in fact you can order that anytime from the butler. Also note that you can order food from any of the restaurants on the ship to be delivered to your cabin. If it is an entree from the specialty restaurant you will be charged the service charge.

The wine is delivered to the cabin along with the fruit basket.

Since you are in a suite here's a look at some of the treats that were delivered each day. Unfortunately they don't tell you what they are when they are delivered.

Click on the photo to see the rest of the album.

Thanks for taking pictures!!! I loved them!

Your butler will take care of the cheese and crackers, in fact you can order that anytime from the butler. Also note that you can order food from any of the restaurants on the ship to be delivered to your cabin. If it is an entree from the specialty restaurant you will be charged the service charge.

Do you happen to know if this is for suites only? I'll assume it is. We are in a balcony cabin (not a suite).

If not, who would we call to arrange this service? The particular restaurant or room service?

Also, is it possible to stop by a specialty restaurant and get food "to go"?

TIA!

The photo from the Anniversary/Honeymoon party is a 5x7 photo, and I believe they offered us a $10 towards another photo if we didn't want the one taken at the party. The 8x10 portraits were between $20 - $25 depending upon the current special promotion.

As I recall we could pick ANY 5 x 7.

Do you happen to know if this is for suites only? I'll assume it is. We are in a balcony cabin (not a suite).

If not, who would we call to arrange this service? The particular restaurant or room service?

Also, is it possible to stop by a specialty restaurant and get food "to go"?

TIA!

The delivery from the restaurants is only for cabins that have a Butler to deliver it and set up the table with the white linens.

I'm not sure about getting the food "to go" from the specialty restaurants, but you could give them a call and ask....unless someone else on the boards here has had any experience with this.

As I recall we could pick ANY 5 x 7.

They try to get you to select the photo they take at the party, or you can choose any 5 x 7 for free......or pay the difference to purchase a larger photo. It's usually all spelled out in the letter that is in your cabin for the package.

Romance/Honeymoon Package

A few questions:

How far in advance do these have to booked before sailing?

How much is Le Bistro per person anyway? $15?

Will they give you anything else besides wine or champagne since I dislike both?

I believe the web site says to order it at least 2 weeks in advance of your cruise.

Le Bistro is normally $15 PP. $30 total

Photo is a $ 10 value

Sparkling Wine (champagne) and Wine is about $40

Added benefits.....

Chocolate covered strawberries

Canapes

Champagne and cake party

They also give you a small cake in LeBistro that you can request to take back to your cabin for later......that way you have room to enjoy the great desserts in Le Bistro.

Archived