Any info on float planes in Ketchikan?

Cactus

I'd really like to go up in an old Beaver float plane - anyone done this or other plane . i.e. a Cessna?

Booked:

Island Princess 06/26/04

Alaska

Grand Princess 03/19/05 Western Caribbean

Completed:

Golden Princess 03/20/04

Eastern Caribbean

Star Princess 10/11/03

Mexican Riviera

Thanks for the info, the flight path I'm interested in is flying over Misty Fjords National Monument. One of the other companies I have been looking at on the internet (Island Wings Air) lands on a lake, taxis to shore then lets you get out and walk around. It seems to be the only one that does this. Taquan (they have 7 Dehavillans) lands on a lake, but doesn't indicate if you can get out and walk around, and Southeast doesn't state that it lands on a lake halfway through the tour. So I'm still doing my research, thanks again for the feedback -

Booked:

Island Princess 06/26/04

Alaska

Completed:

Golden Princess 03/20/04

Eastern Caribbean

Star Princess 10/11/03

Mexican Riviera

[This message was edited by Cactus on 04-26-04 at 09:36 PM.]

Just a heads up - someone on our roll call called SE Ava. to check about the 2 for 1 coupon and before yu spen $100 on the coupon book you had better check too!

It is only valid for certain days - we cruise at the beginning of June and it is not valid then - only during off season! Call SE Avation before you spend the money on the coupon book to verifiy the coupon is good for the times that you will be there! They did offer 10% off.

Shelly

"One of the other companies I have been looking at on the internet (Island Wings Air) lands on a lake, taxis to shore then lets you get out and walk around. It seems to be the only one that does this."

No most all the independents allow you off the plane on land. My last trip 9-03, was with Southeast Aviation and YES we did get out of the plane for about 30 minutes. Taquan is now a big ship contractor so they may not have independent space. The ship purchased tours only allow you out of the plane to stand on the pontoons. I've flown in them allicon_smile.gif

I called SE Aviation and am using my Toursaver coupon on June 12. They had no problems with that date. Maybe they just have too many reservations on the date you want that are already using a coupon.

Sue

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I have decided to go with Island Wings Air Service. I wanted to stay with an independent operator, especially a pilot that owns their own business and airplane. Now let's hope the weather holds out!

Booked:

Island Princess 06/26/04

Alaska

Completed:

Golden Princess 03/20/04

Eastern Caribbean

Star Princess 10/11/03

Mexican Riviera

Archived