Gap in 2008 QE2 schedule

TJL

Been browsing the Cunard website - apologies in advance if I've misread anything!

Just noticed that QE2 returns from the 2008 World Cruise on 18th April but doesn't embark upon her Mediterranean Adventure until 5th May. Is this a private charter or a refit. If it's the latter, are Cunard going to bother?

Been browsing the Cunard website - apologies in advance if I've misread anything!

Just noticed that QE2 returns from the 2008 World Cruise on 18th April but doesn't embark upon her Mediterranean Adventure until 5th May. Is this a private charter or a refit. If it's the latter, are Cunard going to bother?

I was wondering this myself. However she may need mechanical items dealt with.

I am sure that Cunard will realise that allowing her to fade will not be worth the savings - there will be things that need painting etc.

It may also be antifouling - which will save money on fuel.

Or I may be talking rubbish.

Who knows?

Matthew

I was wondering this myself. However she may need mechanical items dealt with.

I am sure that Cunard will realise that allowing her to fade will not be worth the savings - there will be things that need painting etc.

It may also be antifouling - which will save money on fuel.

Or I may be talking rubbish.

Who knows?

Matthew

Nah, the only rubbish talk of late has been emanating from big corporations selling off their priceless icons.

You're right, it would be daft to skimp on maintenance - if only from a safety point of view. Not that I should be too bothered as I'll be bidding her a final farewell at the end of the World Cruise. Must say I can't bear the thought of the final trip to Dubai - in the same way as I hate final goodbyes taking place at airports and train stations!

Archived