Mailing Compass Rewards?

c breeze

What is the best way to mail Compass Rewards to NCL if you have 10 days until final payment is due? Certified/Return Reciept plus insurance, Registered, which includes insurance and can be tracked, or Epress mail plus insurance (pretty expensive). Any advice???

What is the best way to mail Compass Rewards to NCL if you have 10 days until final payment is due? Certified/Return Reciept plus insurance, Registered, which includes insurance and can be tracked, or Epress mail plus insurance (pretty expensive). Any advice???

I have always overnighted my rewards. The $20 or so is worth it to me to make sure it gets there in a timely manner. Overnight also comes with tracking and delivery confirmation (I believe?) FYI- I did ask about insuring my package once and they told me they could not insure them. I told them exactly what they were and how much they were worth and they said, nope- can't be insured. :)

I send them priority with tracking. registered costs an arm and a leg and they will never give you the cash anyway. It gets there is 2 days from anywhere in the country for $4.60. The other way is certified with a return receipt. Unless I am in a hurry overnight is just a waste of money as is registration. First class mail which is what certified is will also take a few days max.

I decided to go with registered mail so it can be tracked all the way, and would include insurance. I also asked for an online return reciept for an extra 85 cents. Total $15.81 including insurance. I will be traking it online all the way!!!

Thanks for your input!

Be careful about certified and registered. People at the post office have told me that it can sometimes take longer because of the extra precautions they take with this type of mail.

Well, it is too late now!!!! I mailed it regeistered, and it needs to be there in 9 days, so hopefully that is enough time!!!

Just my 2 cents...registered is the way to go. Have had three certificates lost in the mail. Also make copies front and back. Not the mail systems fault, just hurricane season and pure bad luck. MBNA even issued a replacement on one trip, once verfied that it had not cleared. Great customer service from MBNA.

Just my 2 cents...registered is the way to go. Have had three certificates lost in the mail. Also make copies front and back. Not the mail systems fault, just hurricane season and pure bad luck. MBNA even issued a replacement on one trip, once verfied that it had not cleared. Great customer service from MBNA.

Well, now I am feeling a lot better! I did make the copies, front and back, before I sent them. I wil feel even better when I see them posted to my account! Thanks again!

MBNA even issued a replacement on one trip, once verfied that it had not cleared. Great customer service from MBNA.

Of course it's BoA now. Let's hope that replacements are as easy to get from them!

Well, it is too late now!!!! I mailed it regeistered, and it needs to be there in 9 days, so hopefully that is enough time!!!

I think that Registered Mail is the way to go. It is not going to get lost as everyone who touches the piece of mail has to sign for it. Sure it may slow the progrss of the letter, but I think the piece of mind is worth the extra time and cost. And you can track it. Also if a registered mail is lost, the PO will bend over backwards to track it down. As I used to work for the PO many years ago, I remember how nervous and careful everyone was around the registered mail. It was not left lying around either, if to be delivered the next day, it was locked in the safe. So they are very serious in how they treat that mail compared to less expensive ordinary mail.:)

I have sent them different ways. But the one I find is the one with tracking and signature requied. There are all good ways, just a choice how we send the rewards to NCL. Now it is up to NCL. It is how long it takes for NCL to process them, I find that is where it takes time.

• 1 year later...
Being new to NCL, (first cruise scheduled for next October) what are Compass Rewards? :confused:

I used the search function, but came up empty handed.

Thanks in adance

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=Compassrewards

This was Bank of America's(and formerly MBNA) rewards program for the NCL MasterCard. Sadly, the program is ending in one week. The NCL MasterCard will now be on a World Points rewards program, which is not nearly as good, and comparable to most of the other cruise affilated cards. http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=WorldPoints

For time constraints and security purposes' date=' Fex Ex 3-day Saver is the best option. And, I like being able to track it daily and see when it was signed for and who signed for it. Gives me that extra info if it gets lost at NCL.[/quote']

I would also rather send my certificates by FedEx or UPS. The problem is that they want it mailed to a Post Office Box that FedEx or UPS will not deliver to. Do you have a physical address?

I would also rather send my certificates by FedEx or UPS. The problem is that they want it mailed to a Post Office Box that FedEx or UPS will not deliver to. Do you have a physical address?

I have mailed mine to the PO Box, registered mail so it could be tracked all the way, and would include insurance. I also asked for an online return reciept for an extra 85 cents. Total $15.81 including insurance (old rates). It got there fine...

I sent mine by US Post office on Friday December 19 by express mail. I requested a signature and noted no weekend delivery. It cost $15.50 (It think, but it could have been $16.50). It arrived on Monday and was applied to my cruise on Wednesday, December 24. I sent it to the physical address in Miami to the attention of the accounting department.

Archived