mariner vacation...eastern ports

hey! im 20 and traveling on the mariner at the end of july with my boyfriend 22...

i was spending a lot of time and energy trying to plan our time on the islands but i think that i finally have decided that it seems almost cheaper/same cost and much safer to just plan through the ship and also this way i can go ahead and book them...

those of you who have been Eastern route tell me if this sounds like an enjoyable trip, please!

COCOCAY: glass bottom boat for 1hr 45min (one of the only things my boyfriend cares to have a say in for the entire week)

ST. THOMAS: The ST John beach tour

ST. MAARTEN: beach rendezvous to orient beach!

hey! im 20 and traveling on the mariner at the end of july with my boyfriend 22...

i was spending a lot of time and energy trying to plan our time on the islands but i think that i finally have decided that it seems almost cheaper/same cost and much safer to just plan through the ship and also this way i can go ahead and book them...

those of you who have been Eastern route tell me if this sounds like an enjoyable trip, please!

COCOCAY: glass bottom boat for 1hr 45min (one of the only things my boyfriend cares to have a say in for the entire week)

ST. THOMAS: The ST John beach tour - Depending on what this tour does and what you want to do, you could just grab a cab and go to Coki (very good snorkeling) or Megans (beautiful) or also heard Sapphire has great snorkeling. All these beaches are beautiful. Megans and Coki both have beach bars with food and gives you a much quicker trip to the beach that going over to St John's. If the tour to St John's is taking you all over the island, it might be worth it, but we have found that doing our own thing is always cheaper and much nicer as again we do things on our time, and not on someone else telling us when to go where. You are young, grab cabs and enjoy!!!

Do not waste your money on a ship excursion to go to Orient. cabs are set in price, relatively inexpensive and go back and forth all day. If you have the cab drop you off at Bikini Beach Bar, 2 chairs, 1 umbrella, table, and 2 free drinks is only $16. Staff there was so nice. Orient is a fantastic beach with the most comfy beach loungers of all the islands. But you do not need to take an excursion for this. Cabs are safe and then you can do things on your time and not someone else's.

ST. THOMAS: The ST John beach tour

You have picked great excursion ideas however... we did all of those things on our own (except Coco Cay because we missed that port due to weather) ... the beauty is that you are then in control of your time...

For example, by the time the ship's excursion arrived at St. John, we had already been there for about 2 hours... when they left, we got in another 2 hours at the beach... Same with St. Maarten...

It's really easy to do this stuff on your own and then you can control your time... at your age, it sounds like you are looking for maximum beach time (based on what you are planning)... you won't get that if you take the ship's excursion...

we paid just a little less to do the exact same things that were in the excursions, and we had more time at those beaches than what the excursions allowed...

If you need help planning this on your own, just ask... it was truly a breeze and the time factor made it worth it to us to do it on our own...

Archived