Are we eligible for room upgrade?

Pinkbikini

Norwegian tells me that since my MIL booked our honeymoon cruise through expedia that they cannot alter our room assignment or make changes to our reservations.

She has paid the deposit but not paid the full balance yet as we're cruising in December. Once that's paid, will we then be considered NCL guests?? Or will we always be at Expedia's mercy? I would really like to be considered for an upgrade. We're all cruising together, in adjoining cabins... is there ANY chance we'll be offered an upsell or not unless you book directly through NCL?

Please advise.

Norwegian tells me that since my MIL booked our honeymoon cruise through expedia that they cannot alter our room assignment or make changes to our reservations.

She has paid the deposit but not paid the full balance yet as we're cruising in December. Once that's paid, will we then be considered NCL guests?? Or will we always be at Expedia's mercy? I would really like to be considered for an upgrade. We're all cruising together, in adjoining cabins... is there ANY chance we'll be offered an upsell or not unless you book directly through NCL?

Please advise.

If you booked through an outside TA (Expedia) NCL can only talk to them about your reservation. NCL does call outside TA's and offer upsells, but some of them never bother contacting their clients with the offer. I'm not sure how your particular TA handles this communication.

The big problem is that I didn't book the reservation... so it really comes down to how successful the "telephone game" is between NCL and Expedia, Expedia and my MIL, and then my MIL and us.

Ok, the replies are much appreciated!

The big problem is that I didn't book the reservation... so it really comes down to how successful the "telephone game" is between NCL and Expedia, Expedia and my MIL, and then my MIL and us.

Ok, the replies are much appreciated!

Unfortunately, that does seem to be the case. MIL may want to place a call to the TA and express an interest in any upsell offers. Good luck. :)

Congratulations and good luck! I hope you are able to get that upgrade!

(Can I mention the fact of how lucky you are not only to have your honeymoon cruise paid for by your MIL, but also have her offer to pay for an upgrade for you?) :eek:

How thoughtful of her! You know, those cabin walls are paper thin. Maybe if you make enough noise, she will be the one to ask for a cabin reassignment. :D

Seriously, though, your ticket will usually stay with the travel agent. However, since YOU are the ones booked in the cabin, I don't see how you couldn't pay for an upgrade of your own accord. Just call the travel agent and explain.

I see. Having MIL next door during the honeymoon could be awkward.

:o

Are you getting married in Hawaii or is she just along for the trip? Just curious (you don't have to answer or explain).

Either way, best of luck to you!

Since you aren't cruising until December, you should be able to have your travel agent cancel your already booked cabin, and have them rebook another.

You'll be paying full price on the fares for your new cabin, as it's long before upsell offers are made.

The key is, your travel agent must do it. So contact them.

She booked a carribean cruise for all of us. I don't want you to get the wrong impression. We get along well with her and will have a great time. I just wanted to know what our potential for upgrade/upsell was...since it is our honeymoon and you never know when a little extra overtime will come up and get us on a balcony which would inevitably take us off our deck of inner cabins only and inadvertently move us to another deck ;)

She booked a carribean cruise for all of us. I don't want you to get the wrong impression. We get along well with her and will have a great time. I just wanted to know what our potential for upgrade/upsell was...since it is our honeymoon and you never know when a little extra overtime will come up and get us on a balcony which would inevitably take us off our deck of inner cabins only and inadvertently move us to another deck ;)

Your chances for an upsell depends upon what you have booked, and what cabins haven't been booked about two to three weeks before your cruise.

Luck and timing has more to do with it than anything else. I've been on six cruises, have had one upsell opportunity. Others have had better luck.

All I can say is you're a better (or at least more easygoing) woman than I am. I don't care how well I get along with my MIL, there's no way I'd cruise in an adjoining cabin on my honeymoon.

Congratulations, on your upcoming wedding. I hope that you all have a wonderful time. And I hope you do get the upsell offer for a balcony, not just so you can put a bit of distance between your two cabins, but also because it would be so special for you to have a balcony cabin on your honeymoon.

Do you think your MIL would be offended if you mentioned that you feel a bit awkward having the connecting cabins on your honeymoon? A modicum of privacy is not unreasonable for this particular cruise. If she knows that you're happy to have her along on the cruise (assuming you are and that she didn't just invite herself), then perhaps she won't mind arranging for non-connecting cabins. Just a thought, of course.

beachchick

To give her the benefit of the doubt, it may be that your MIL never even specified adjoining cabins. She may have called the TA and said "I want to book two cabins" and they automatically did that... since about 90% of the time passengers would want it that way (barring honeymoons and loud snoring).

You booked room assignments, so you would not be eligible for upgrades. You would be eligible for upsells though. You will be Expedias client. Just let them know that you are interested in upsells if offered. If you want to be eligible for an upgrade, you would need to book a guaranteed cabin

Archived