viking discounts you have gotten

paradise0513

• 1 month later...

In 2005 we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. In October that year we took a Viking cruise Passau-Passau on the Danube. We were given a 25% discount because of our anniversary! Apparently it has to be a "round one" and ours was our fortieth.

Worth planning a cruise to celebrate!:)

I think the Viking discount expires Monday; they should have other discounts for lesser amounts running the next few months. I believe that Amadeus has a standard 5% discount that is good through September 30th. Another reason to book early with Viking is in case you are interested in getting one of their 'deluxe' staterooms so that your cabin is a decent size. I have seen a few Viking sales during the current year but they are always for the tiny cabins. No matter how great the price (2 for 1) my husband would kill me if I reserved a smaller cabin, especially those ones on the bottom deck.

I think the Viking discount expires Monday; they should have other discounts for lesser amounts running the next few months. I believe that Amadeus has a standard 5% discount that is good through September 30th. Another reason to book early with Viking is in case you are interested in getting one of their 'deluxe' staterooms so that your cabin is a decent size. I have seen a few Viking sales during the current year but they are always for the tiny cabins. No matter how great the price (2 for 1) my husband would kill me if I reserved a smaller cabin, especially those ones on the bottom deck.

I find your observation interesting as my experience with the 2 for 1's as being the middle of the road cabins. It seems as if the Largest($$$) and smallest ($) are booked first.....leaving inventory to discount in the middle.

My best discount with Viking was in 2006 on my airline tickets...Again this year, they offered the special for selected itineraries booked in Feb. and Mar. for spring, summer and fall sailings.

• 1 month later...

Hi, as a canny Scot I was pleased to note a £1000 discount per cabin discount on Viking if you book before 14th Sept.(ie not $) We are booking but are amazed that almost a year in advance all but 2 cabins in A class are booked up.

Looking forward to it anyway. Viking have arranged direct flights for us at no extra cost (& I couldnt find them cheaper or likely to actually arrive in time to meet the boat)

Archived