YES! DS is toilet trained!

Host Jacquelyn

Call me crazy, but we have been planning for our upcoming Dec 2007 cruise since before my DS (now 2 and a half) was born! We figured that we will cruise just after his third birthday, when he would be old enough for the kids' program and toilet trained. However, DD (now 4) only toilet trained at her third birthday, and we heard that boys typically take longer, so we started getting worried... well, the little guy did it, with 6 months to spare! :D One less thing to worry about!

Awesome!!! Another milestone passed...and in perfect timing! :)

I don't agree when people say the boys being more difficult than girls though. I've always heard that and wondered why! My son was 2, but my girls were 4 and 3 months shy of 4 years old before they were trained! He was a breeze; did it all on his own. I had to fight my ladies tooth and nail to get them to go.

HOORAY! Well done. I am hoping to have my little man trained by September, unlikely, but January at the latest. He loves to sit on his potty, but hasn't done anything yet.

First things first though, looks like he'll be moving into his bed first, he's getting a little too good at climbing his cot, even with his sleeping bag on!:o

Yay!!!!! What a relief that must be for you!

We were worried about my son too. He'll be 3 in 2 weeks. We were going to cruise with friends in August but decided against it because we didn't think he'd be trained in time. (My older son was 3 and 3 months and this one seems to be less mature than my older.) So I was just hoping that November would be enough time. Two weeks ago he just decided to train himself and I'd say he's 97% there. Even staying dry all night! Shocker! I hesistate to even post this because I'm afraid I'll jinx myself. LOL!!

Lora,

I agree! DS was much easier to train than DD. She was OK for a while, then refused to sit on a toilet suddenly. We ended up stopping when she was 2 and 10 months, and told her that she will stop wearing diapers when she turns 3. She was OK with that, until her third bithday... in her own words "maybe we'll wait until I am 4". We worked with her for 2 weeks and she was trained 2 weeks after her third birthday.

DS has been on and off for months now, but finally diaper-free (except at nights) for a month now! I also waited to post for fear on jinxing LOL. :p

We managed to say adieu to the diapers last month too. We are booked for August and in September, she has to be potty trained for school so we had a double deal going. She did it on her own. No bribes, conjoling nor any stickers (if I heard that "tip" one more time!)

Oh, and it happened on Mother's Day. I couldn't have asked for a better present! And since she's my last of three, I just finished 7 years of straight diapers!!

My boy took longer than my girl. BUT this girl then took longer than my boy originally did so go figure.

This is our first cruise so I didn't want any glitches!

Archived