Voyager Class balc or OV

Thanks to the folks who helped us decide between/Triumph/Mariner! Now we need to pick a category. For a $600 price dif (total) do we go with a balcony or OV on the Mariner? There's so much to do on this ship that I'm wondering if the cost is justified. If we have a good cabin we do spend time in it. We are absolutely balcony people, but this is a ship we'll want to fully experience. We'll rock climb, ice skate, rollerblade, jog, hot tub, exercise, etc. (I'm 44 and need to lose some weight, but I'm game to try anything. That's what meds and hot tubs are for!) We won't be spending $$ in port or on the ship for extras (zero alcohol) regardless of category, but $600 can do so much.

The question you could ask yourself is do you like the air blowing in from the balcony. My sister doesnt like it and says it musses up her hair lol. She would really rather sit and watch the ocean thru the glass.

Are you one who wants to sit out and read a book alone or up on deck where you can people watch. Some get a big kick out of a cup of coffee delivered to their door to sit with on their balcony. Or are you one to throw on your shorts, grab some coffee in the buffet and want to see whats going on?

I'm doing my first Voyager class next year, (Adventure) and had the same dilemma as you.

I chose oceanview as i want to EXPERIENCE all the ship has to offer also, so im going for the balcony on Enchantment!:D

As much as I adore, love, and worship a balcony, I'm thinking that $600 is just too steep a price difference, especially so close to Christmas.

That $600 would take our kids to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in Oct. (admission plus hotel), provide a character meal for Thanksgiving, and pay for our food (have timeshare to use) for our 3 nt Disney trip in July. One week of balcony vs 3 trips to WDW? Hmmm! I'm about ready to downgrade to an inside and go back to the Triumph! Maybe we could get a Motel 6 not too far from the pier and just watch the ships while we tailgate in the parking lot. :rolleyes: ;) (I am SO sarcastic!)

Just wanted to reiterate how much I appreciate the feedback on the RCI boards. People understand my dilemna and have given me the kind of feedback I was seeking.

$600 is a lot of money. Usually, the price difference between an "E" balcony and an OV isn't that much. Whichever you book, keep checking back because the price may come down and you'll be able to get a refund if you originally booked the balcony, or you'll be able to use the price drop to upgrade to the balcony.

My husband's minimum cabin requirement is OV. We've done it all from teeny, tiny inside to OS with our a hot tub on our balcony. My minimum requirement is a ship that floats and a cabin on it. My preference is far and away balcony, though.

Archived