COSOL Tour - Excellent choice for St.Lucia

gcscotland

We just got off Royal Caribbean's "Adventure of the Seas" where we spent the day in St.Lucia on June 6th. After much debating what to do on this stop, we researched through these boards and finally booked with Cosol's Tours.

I have to say that on a cruise that was wonderful from start to finish, this tour was one of the absolute highlights.

Cosol met our group (around 24 of us) with three vans, all very clean, all air-conditioned, and for the next 5 hours or so we went on a tour round the island "in convoy". The commentary from Cosol (we were lucky enough to be in his van) was first-rate, both informative about the island and very amusing. It certainly kept us all entertained.

We stopped at all the main sights - the waterfall, botanical gardens, volcano and went through a couple of the main towns. At regular intervals he would stop to allow us to stretch our legs, take photos etc. At pretty much every stop he had arranged for us to get a sample of food from the locals - sometimes it would be fruit like bananas or papayas, other times savoury things like Johnny Cakes, Fish Cakes with Hot Sauce, Bread Fruit fritters. Always there was plentiful cold water, coke, beer and Rum Punch. YOU DO NOT GET LUNCH on this tour, but we had breakfast at 7:30am on the ship and didnt eat officially again until dinner at 8:30pm, and we were not hungry as we ate so much on this tour, with the last stop providing some wonderful hot, freshly-baked bread with cheese.

Towards the end of the tour Cosol took us all to the Jalhousie Plantation for 90 minutes or so on the beach, or snorkeling. We chose to lie out on the beach, though we ended up spending most of the time in the sea, which was wonderful.

You only pay for any of this at the end of the tour, by which time I thought the $45 per person was great value.

If anyone wants to know what to do with a day in St.Lucia, you really can't go wrong with Cosol. From the first contact via email, to the booking with him; pick-up; the tour, commentary and best of all the food, it really is a first rate operation, and excellent value.

Thanks, Cosol. We will be back!

Hey GCScotland,

My Husband and I were on that same tour with you, we were the young couple in the back of the van! I can't agree you more...this was a wonderful tour and a highlight of our trip! I highly recommend it to anyone!!

Hi, Laura, good to hear form you and glad you got home safely. We had four great days in San Juan after the cruise, which finished the trip off wonderfully for us.

Glad you "seconded" my recommendation for Cosol - it was a great day.

Archived