covering up freckles?!

JettaGirl

Hey ladies.

I am a natural "strawberry blonde". During the summer whenever I am out in the sun my freckles on my face seem to get very dark.

Does anyone know of any foundation/powder that best covers up freckles. I don't necessarily want them to disappear(which I realize is impossible) but I want them to fade a little.

Any suggestions?! Thanks in advance!

I have freckles too - and the first time I get a lot of sun every summer, they "bloom"!! Honestly, I don't try to cover them up, but I use Bare Escentuals and I think their foundation really blends everything well, using the buki brush. If you have any particular freckles (darker, larger, weird place) that bother you, their Bisque concealer does a good job - be sure you use the concealer brush. I've also recently tried the Everyday Minerals products, and I almost think their concealer covers better - doesn't go on quite as well, texture isn't as nice, but it covers more. The mineral makeup is also great for touchups, because you can just buff on a little foundation and get coverage plus un-shine the finish.

I 2nd the BE. I use it. Your freckles will still show, but not so much IN YOUR FACE. Use the warmth or warm radiance across your forehead, down the bridge of your nose, and across your apples on your cheeks to give a sun kissed look after you've covered them with the foundation.

Also, you don't need a lot of the foundation for it to work.

Wear your freckles proud! :)

Growing up I HATED my freckles! Now I love them - they make me, ME. And I love that my son has them too - although he's probably not crazy (at age 13) about everyone telling hime how cute they are! :D

How about you all??

Growing up I HATED my freckles! Now I love them - they make me, ME.

I also love my freckles!

It's just that in the summer time I have a few spot of freckles that stand out more than the others and it looks really "blochy <sp?>" in pictures.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I purchased the BE products today!! Thanks again!

I purchased the BE products today!! Thanks again!

I hope the BE works out for you. They're what my very new daughter-in-law uses to cover her freckles. She wears the makeup so it just tones them down but doesn't eliminate them. We think she looks beautiful! (And I can't wait for red-headed, freckled GRANDKIDS. Heh.:D )

Robin

couplelittle.jpg

Just wanted to add my two cents. I too have freckles and always loved them, didn't mind sitting in the sun and watching a frew sprout -made me look so "fresh" faced.

Well, time has a way of changing things. I am now older and those once beloved freckles don't fade away and look more like age spots and dull. So please be careful and wear sunscreen!! I have gorgous skin except for those areas of my outter cheeks where some patches of very stubborn freckles remain and I have to deal with trying to cover those daily now.

Per suggestion of this board I ordered Everyday Mineral to see how that works. Wish me luck!

I have always had freckles - my mother sat and "counted" just the ones on my face when I was about 5 years old...I had over 300 (so she said) and I always remembered this...when I mentioned it years later, she didn't remember doing it and said that it was just something she did to keep me occupied for a few minutes for some reason or another!

So, a few more or a few less don't really matter to me! But I have become much more careful about sunscreen and trying to make sure I don't burn like I did when I was a kid!

Archived