Los Angeles to Hawaii cruise

CSSPELL

We are looking into a 15 day cruise out of Los Angeles to Hawaii. Can anyone advise as to weather and seas in the month of October on this cruise. I am worried about sea sickness. The ship is Radiance of the Seas so it is a large ship. Thanks.

From everything I've read, October is the month to go. We did it in Jan/Feb and had very bad seas. I know 2 families who have gone in Oct and had great weather/seas. And, after our experience, I searched this board and read the reviews on CC and on the other boards...it seems like Oct is the most consistent month for good seas and making all the ports.

I would not recommend the Jan-Mar timeframe to anyone. And, if I were to go again, I would choose Oct.

Enjoy...and aloha!

We did this cruise in October 05 and it was a great cruise. The first night out it was a bit rough and we experienced our first bout with seasickness. Day 2 was still a little rough but we took Bonine and were fine. We are going again, this time in November.

The cruise is a wonderful cruise. It has plenty of sea days with a nice amount of port days.

You will likely experience some rough seas sometime going or returning back to Los Angeles. Just try to get a cabin towards the middle of the deck.

And the air is a bit cooler outside the first day or two.

Again, it is a wonderful cruise and I highly recommend it and October is also a nice time to visit the Hawaiian Islands.

Keith

Archived