New Poll - Would you book a longer cruise?

Vote for longer cruises (10 to 14 nights) on Carnival  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for longer cruises (10 to 14 nights) on Carnival

• No thanks, I can go on a vacation longer than 7 or 8 nights
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from Florida ports
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from Southern California ports
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from NYC/NJ ports
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from New Orleans
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from Houston/Galveston
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from Mobile
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from San Juan, PR
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises DURING THE HOLIDAYS from ANY PORT
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises during the SUMMER MONTHS
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises during the WINTER MONTHS
    • Yes, My Longer Cruise Port Suggestion Is Below
    • Yes, My Longer Cruise TIME OF YEAR Suggestion Is Below
    • Other, see remarks below

We LOVE the 11 day exotic Carribean on Celebrity, because of the itenerary. We did it last March and will do it again next March, it's relaxing the ports are very interesting but it's almost every other day ports so lots of ship time, it's truely a vacation. We would go on Carnival instead in a second if they had the 10 to 14 day cruises with not mediteranian ports, the airfare is too expensive for us to cruise twice a year and I don't want to give up my spring/ fall cruises:D Cheers, Carole

I have to vote for the 7 to 8 day cruises, just because work really doesn't leave me the time to do a longer one. If I had the time, I would love a longer cruise. Once I get more time, I may consider a back to back on something like the Glory, but for now, I'll stick with the 7 to 8 day ones.

On a side note, I'm really concerned about this 4 day cruise I'm taking. I can't imagine that it's going to be near long enough. Of course, we have as many fun days at see as we did on the Glory Western Carribean cruise.

we booked rccl for jan out of nyc. Had carnival had a nice ship here, such as freedom or liberty we certainly would have booked with them. We like both lines

but carnival most likely would've won out due to our military discount.

Carnival should definitely leave ships here in ny all year long. Which I'm sure they will, I've heard whispers that it's going to happen in 09. Once the waterfront is all finished here.

I think us ny'ers will have a really nice selection of ships then. I can't wait. Never having to fly to florida again to catch a cruise will make my day :D

Ok Holiday Petition is complete, here it is and I'll make another thread specifically for it:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/12232009/petition.html

I'll have the general longer cruises petition completely by Saturday morning.

So, if you'd like to see a Holiday Sailing in 2009 for approximately 12 nights out of New York City make sure you sign the petition and maybe we can get Carnival to do it.

• 6 months later...

Our extended family would consider Carnival, especially for Christmas/ New Years sailings if they offered 10 - 14 days.

My own family would also be interested in longer summer Caribbean cruises, but I know we are in the minority.

We too would love to see longer cruises!! Especially out of NY/NJ but we'll take anywhere. We have 3 cruises this year and since the begining we look for 7+ days. Our ultimate plan is for when we retire. We intend to take the world cruise that's broken into 4 phases so we'll be on the ship for right at 60 days!! That thought keeps me working hard at my job so we can eventually enjoy that!

We've cruised the San Juan, St Thomas and Tortola cruise out of NY 3 times and we're getting tired of that run so we fly down to FL these days to cruise. We'd absolutely love seeing a longer cruise out of NY and also winter cruises!

I love, love, love longer cruises. Right now the best I can do with Carnival is back to back eastern and western caribbean cruises. I'm doing that on Glory in September. I really wish Carnival would offer some 9+ night Caribbean cruises. I'd be the first in line to book one!

Terri

Add my vote in with those who are begging for more cruises from NY! We've done both of the whopping TWO itineries available from NY and loved them. Now if only they had something new, or, more imortantly, sailed year round.

I'd rather have them sail from NY year round than only when school is not in session. I don't like sailing on a ship full of kids (just my humble preference) so we purposefully sail when the kiddos are in school. Also, while the above suggested itinerary is awesome, I'm a registered nurse and there's no way in you know where that I'm getting that week off for vacation lol.

So yeah, great itinerary but make it year round.

- Jess

We need a big ship from Carnival down here providing 7 day cruises. I have a group that wants to do a 7 day cruise in 2009 but not have to drive to Texas or Florida. We may end up going with NCL as they offer 7 day cruises out of New Orleans, but would much rather cruise with Carnival.

Archived