Interested in forming a Cruise Critic G&L Amazon River Tour?

DoctorFeelgood

Hi all!

Is there any interest in assembling a group of us to book an Amazon River cruise? I have always wanted to do this with my significant other of 14 years. The operation that I was thinking of is called Ecotour Expeditions, who operate a 9 cabin (18 passenger) river yacht called Tucano. http://www.naturetours.com/

I have talked with their representatives and they are very open to the idea of a gay / lesbian group. For the cynics among us, I am not seeking to gain anything through organizing a tour (like free cabin, money, etc.).

My idea was to find fellow travelers who want to share the experience, enjoy ourselves, and avoid a party-boat atmosphere. We could, of course, arrange independently a pre- or post-cruise trip to Rio or some place with a little more going on.

If it matters, I am a 39 year old, GWM professional and my (monogamous) partner is 45 and an artist.

Thanks,

Dr. F

It definetly sounds like a good idea. We have always wanted to tour the Amazon. And I expect we would encounter fewer Pirauna on an Amazon cruise than on Atlantis or RSVP (if you know what I mean...lol).

We are a monagomous couple that have been together 2 years I am a Registered Nurse and my partner in a Certified Nurses Assistant. Hey, if we could get a Pharmacist and a Pharmacy Tech to join us we could open up a small medical practice while on board...lol

If the trip is in 2009...count me in. I have 2008 already planned.

be advised you will need yellow fever shots for the area visited.

Did the RSVP Rio cruise last year...Rio is great....and I am not a party animal.

Amazon.......I could do that.

Me...education....Biologist.

Occupation.....Pharmaceuticals, manufacturing end of the business.

So I make it, the Doctor precribes it, the RN administers it....all we need is a researcher and a sales rep and we have the entire process covered.

I will follow this thread and hope it gets more interest.

Thanks for posting

By the way....I must say that I am truly impressed.

I have been sailing for way too many years, but have never come across a passenger in your age bracket. How you still manage it is truly remarkable...in fact I do not know how one lives that long...must be your other half taking good care of you.

Imagine, being born in 1904....fantastic!!!!!

So evil, so sneeky, soooooooo bad.....

My kind od people.

Well work you magic for an Amazon cruise.

If that doesnt work out here is an alternative....

2009 (as soon as they take bookings I am going under deposit....

An exploration cruise to PGN...Papau New Guinea.

Ship is the MV Orion...Orion expedition Cruises.

Cruise starts in PGN and terminates in Cairns......post cruise at Turtle Cove gay resort for a few days ........

This itinerary is done in the spring and fall...I am shooting for that fall Oct Nov time frame. They ahve up to 35% off early booking discounts.

For me its a done deal. Look on Cruise Critic (other cruise lines) for some comments posted.

An elegante way to see an unspoled area where the locals are not wearing Nike...at least not yet.

Archived