Princess E Documents Confusion

muffydawg

We are inside the 75 days until our cruise. Today I printed out an eight page document referred to as a Travel Summary. The eight pages contained information such as our cabin number & dining arrangement, the other passengers our reservation is linked with (my MIL and her sister), the shore excursions we've booked and the voyage itinerary, just to name a few of the details.

Once logged into the Princess website to view and then print this information, the Princess website contains a link to "Print Your Travel Summary & Boarding Pass", which is the link I clicked on.

My question is this: is this eight page Travel Summary also known as a Boarding Pass OR is there another link or document I also need to print? If the Travel Summary and Boarding Pass are one in the same they sure confused the $%&* out of me!

To the right of the page, as you are looking at your travel summary, is another heading that says Print My Boarding Pass.

We are inside the 75 days until our cruise. Today I printed out an eight page document referred to as a Travel Summary. The eight pages contained information such as our cabin number & dining arrangement, the other passengers our reservation is linked with (my MIL and her sister), the shore excursions we've booked and the voyage itinerary, just to name a few of the details.

Once logged into the Princess website to view and then print this information, the Princess website contains a link to "Print Your Travel Summary & Boarding Pass", which is the link I clicked on.

My question is this: is this eight page Travel Summary also known as a Boarding Pass OR is there another link or document I also need to print? If the Travel Summary and Boarding Pass are one in the same they sure confused the $%&* out of me!

So to clarify...the Travel Summary and Boarding Pass are two separate documents / sets of documents?

I logged back in, viewed the Travel Summary, but did not see a link to Print a Boarding Pass.

I think I'll just wait a few days and log back in next week to see if a new link pops up.....

Yes, it's two separate documents. After you click on "View my Travel Summary and Boarding Pass," it'll take you to a page with your Travel Summary in the main frame, and several new links on the right-hand frame. Under "Print," there will be two discrete links, one of which will print your Travel Summary, the other of which will print your Boarding Pass. If you're at day 74 before your cruise, your Boarding Pass may just not be available yet -- give it another day or two.

Hope this helps!

When the boarding passes are available and you click on the 'print boarding pass' link you should have a screen with the names on the reservation. Remember, you need to have your credit card info placed in the form before your boarding passes will show up for printing.

Thanks everyone!

I'll wait a few days and go back into the website to locate the PRINT link...and I'll pass this information to the others on the roll call for the voyage.

I am also cruising in Sept, 07, and am not able to print our Boarding Passes yet. We are 79 days away, I believe, so I'll wait at least a week and try again. I believe it does have to be under the 75-day mark.

Gotta love Technology!!!:p

If we are traveling with another family (and plan to sit at the same table with them at dinner), will their names be somewhere on our travel summary?

Yes, assuming you told your TA or Princess to "link" the reservations / booking ID's together.

DH and I are under one booking ID and my MIL and her sister have a separate booking ID. Our TA had them "linked".

When I printed out the Travel Summary my MIL and her sister appear "linked" on page 3 of 8 under the section "My Important Notices".

Are boarding passes just 1 sheet per person with booking No cabin No and itinery on it? We booked with travel agent in UKand although I have completed immigration document on-line it does not offer me the option to print travel summary or boarding passes. We have received single sheets as descibed above. Sailing on Crown 5th July.

Say you were to print your travel summary when it came out and then you lost it...can you print it again? Or is it a one time thing?

I guess I could just make sure to put it in my suitcase as soon as I print it. Just wondering if it is better to just print it closer to the sail date?

Link is the wrong word to use when speaking of other bookings for friends & family with whom you are dining.

When bookings are LINKED together, it is done to show a Back-to-Back Sailing.

There is one booking number for each cabin, or, some T.A.s call a booking number a Record Locator (a term borrowed from the airline industry, also known as a PNR, or Passenger Number Record).

To show that passengers are all dining together, so that the Maitre d' may arrange tables and seating, a code is put on each booking. This is called a cross-referencing code. The cabins of your friends & family are all cross-referenced (NOT Linked).

You can spot your Boarding Pass easily because it is the only page on which there is a line for you to sign on. This authorizes the cruise line to charge your on-board folio to your designated credit card. Unless you input your credit card number on the Cruise Personalizer, the Boarding Pass cannot be printed.

It is not necessary to have a boarding pass; however, without it, you will stand in the slower line with others who have not completed their passenger immigration form.

If you do not want to type your credit card into the on-line database, just call Princess and have an Agent put it in for you, or you can fill out the form and either mail or fax it.

At the bottom of the page After you click on "Prepare for Your Cruise" and Before you click on "Visit Cruise Personalizer" there is a box. Clicking on the box that says "e-Docs - Quick, Convenient, Easy" will bring up a pop-up tutorial. The tutorial will teach you how to navigate and print all docs.

If you have any problems, just call Princess and an Agent can help you navigate through it. :D

Your boarding pass is seperate. It becomes available within 75 days of sailing. If you're Passenger Immigration Forms and onboard accounts are not established, you will not be able to print them.

When you bring up your Personalizer, check next to each passenger name to make sure it says Completed. If it's not completed, you cant get a BP.

We haven't cruised on Princess for two years and never had the option of printing a boarding pass prior to embarkation. Is this new?

Joan

Joan, YES, this just started this year if memory serves me correctly. It is a very simple process and keeps documents from being lost in the mail or arriving late.

You will however still get a packet from Princess with detailed shore excursion info and luggage tags, along with assorted other info. But now, instead of getting these one month and your documents the next, you can just print off your boarding passes (documents) anytime after 75 days prior to your sailing, as long as you have filled out all of the information on your booking at princess.com

One thing to keep in mind is that your Cruise Personalizer will be unavailable when you're within five days of sailing. You can look up and print anything you want but do it before those last five days -- you won't be able to access the page then.

Now I can do the doc dance!

Thanks to all y'all I logged into the personalizer today and found the "Print Your Boarding Pass" link. I printed out the BP for DH and I.

I had saved the clear vinyl folders Princess used to mail the docs in and now everything is in one place. All I have to do is wait for them to mail the luggage tags.....

I saved my clear, vinyl folders too, from previous Princess cruises for that same reason! Glad I did, now. So much easier when everything is in one place/folder

Oh, I'm moaning in frustration -- that's SUCH a good idea and I wish I had thought of it! Having the folder would keep everything so nice and neat and in one place because one printed-out piece of paper seems like it would be so easy to lose in the shuffle. And if I may be allowed a little rant here, can I just say that I hate hate hate this new system. I really dislike being forced to "print out your own" whatever-it-is. For a vacation costing in the four figures, why do I have to do Princess's work for them? Okay, rant over. You are now returned to your regular programming...

Archived