bon voyage gifts

cruisemeister8

Can bon voyage gifts be delivered to the cabin by outside parties, or must you order through the cruiseline?

For example, flowers. If flowers were to be ordered through some 800# FTD service, how and where would you have them delivered to the ship? And supposing that the ship accepts delivery, are they willing to deliver them to the cabin?

Hi I saw this on another thread and thought it might help. I haven't used any of these places but the other poster did and was very ahppy with them. Hope this helps

Most ports have these companies that deliver the gifts. NOLA is a tough one to get alcohol but others are fine. Here is what I recently got in NOLA:

Child's gift basket filled with small toys $25, 12 pk Pepsi $4, 12 pk orange slice $4, 1 Mylar and 4 latex happy birthday balloons $8 tax and shipping $21.64. Total $62.64 And I figured it out as follows: gift basket (Carnival does not have closest was $29 and has less, 24 sodas @ 2 = $48, balloons as priced at home delivered $16 = $ $73 And the issue is not even the savings but having Pepsi and a gift basket made and delivered with the company knowing my daughter is 5.

I have done other gifts in other ports and always been pleased and saved. I will list some of the ones I have and you can check their websites or call. One note, the place I'm using in NOLA is not doing deliveries till after Aug. 1st as they closed for two months due to family illness.

www.classiquegifts.com

www.giftsahoyinc.com

www.cruisegiftsonline.com (ocean promotions)

www.shipboardgifts.com

www.wellwishers.com (pricey)

bon voyage gifts 1-800-217-4438

www.basketsbycelebrations.com (NOLA no alcohol)

Just because of you 1-800-882-9707 (very good prices but will substitute)

Have fun and hope you find something you like. Many do not advertise the soda on their sites but will provide it as an add-on to any gift.

I called a TA first and was told they could not underbid the cruise line. I also tried priceline which was about $100 cheaper per person but didnot discount for 3rd & 4th person. I feel comfortable going thru the cruise line direct.

Archived