ROLL CALL - Celebrity Millennium from San Francisco to Alaska 5/19/08

AdamOfCanaveral

That is too funny! In all the years of cruising I had never heard of such a thing. But I am always up for learning something new. Jeremy- I was going to ask if Moe and I could join you for that special- lol! I guess we should be careful- you know how rumors get started on these boards.

We are interested in trying The Olympic for dinner one evening. How did you guys decide on the night that you did? When I sail with HAL I always make those reservations before boarding. Can I wait until we're on board this time of should I do it asap.

Sam

oooooops, sorry guys. it's on NCL. between 5:30 & 6pm all special rest. are two for one. seatrail's remark, sparked a faint memory, but wrong line.. but it is out there. just on NCL. we loved "freestyle". was really the best.

Sam,

We decided on 5/24 for the Olympic because we were trying to avoid formal nights. We like to eat in the dining room on formal night. I have no idea which nights will be formal, but I'm guessing that formals will be on sea days. Does anyone know for sure? Anyway, 5/24 is Ketchikan and we leave really early, like 2 or 3pm so I thought that this would be a good night to go. If this turns out to be a formal night I will try to move the reservation.

Does anyone know if the Olympic still has the wine-pairings dinner?

What about the wine pairing / tasting class that I've heard about?

hey sam,

well i wanted someone else to answer b/c it's been two years since our last -X- cruise, but when we were on summit in 06' they still had wine pairings. it was great. but that seems like a lifetime ago. does anyone know anything about having dinner in the "wine cellar"?

Happy birthday today to Gary Kulash and on Sunday to Ian Cronkhite.:)

What a great birthday present this cruise will be for them.

Best wishes Gary and Ian from Bob and Adam.

Thanks, Adam and Bob! Hope all is well down in Florida...we're finally starting to see some nice weather up here in DC!

HI Gary,

Long time no hear....Glad to see u 2 are still around :) . We are going to miss you by a week. You guys are getting off on the 29th and we are getting on. We are doing the Northbound to Seward. Would have been cool to get to cruise with ya. So close yet so far:(

Have a great cruise!!

Jeff

Jeff --

Good to hear from you! How funny that we're going on the same ship only a week apart! Hope you guys have a fantastic vacation. We really enjoyed Millie last time we sailed on her a few years ago. Hope it is still just as good.

Cheers!

Hi Gary,

We were on Millie in January 07. It was our first on any Millie Class ship. We loved it. I was worrried about it because that is when they were having all those POD problems. Glad that got all sorted out.

I always read reviews about Millie saying it's worn, thread bare, blah blah blah. I thought the ship was great. I bet it's going to great this time around as well.

We took a cruise out of San Fran 3 years ago on Mercury. Were were shocked it was so darn cold there in April/May. Bundle up!!

Do us a favor too since you are a week a head of us. Get the Martini Bar staff in top form.

BTW...we bought a time share in Puerto Vallarta. That place is like Gay heaven. I can't beleive how friendly, inexpensive and safe it is there.

If you guys ever want to do a land vacation, let me know. You guys can stay with us. 5 star resort on the beach. It'll just cost ya airfare.

Have a great cruise and it is great talking to you again.

Jeff

PS....Happy belated B-day. Mine was yesterday :D

PS....Happy belated B-day. Mine was yesterday :D

Jeff -- Happy Birthday to you too! Puerto Vallarta is very nice! Ian and I enjoyed our visit there quite a bit a few years back, and you're correct...very gay friendly, even by US standards!

HI Gary,

Long time no hear....Glad to see u 2 are still around :) . We are going to miss you by a week. You guys are getting off on the 29th and we are getting on. We are doing the Northbound to Seward. Would have been cool to get to cruise with ya. So close yet so far:(

Have a great cruise!!

Jeff

jeff, you mean the 30th we are getting off. i got scared for a minute. dont be a day early....

Hey guys:

The millie sails today for her 14 day R/T SF and then we go. Doing my best to stay on top of things and stay focused. I must admit it gets harder to concentrate with each passing day!

Gary: I tried to email you yesterday but it was returned. Has your address changed?

Hope everyone is doing well. Moe and I look forward to meeting everyone in TWO WEEKS!!!!

Sam

Gary: I tried to email you yesterday but it was returned. Has your address changed?

Sam -- Nope, same email address. I am not sure why the email was returned to you....I received your other two. Just got back into town from a business trip to the NYC area, so I am playing catch up :-)

Archived