Sprit vs. Mariner Mexico

cruzrmomma

We have reservations on Carnival Spirit (we sailed the Pride) and now the Mariner is coming to Mexico in 09 (we sailee the Explorer). So we've done the 'sisters'. Liked Explorer better, but got a smokin' deal on Carnival!

Mariner does tradional Mexican Riviera, and Carnival seems to have mixed reviews on the ports. But something new.

Mariner would be about $1500 more for our family, same cabin. I know I would like the Mariner, but wondered about:

a. ports

b. entertainment. We love the shows and comedians, etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well, we've been on the Pride and Mariner. Of all the Carnival ships, the Pride was our favorite..if that tells you something. I liked the layout alot. Others I haven't liked...but you're asking about Mexico and the Mariner.

We didn't like Mexico at all. We like blue waters to snorkel in. Clean, beautiful lush islands. If you do knowing it's not like that at all, maybe you'll like it. Cabo's waters were VERY choppy. Couldn't snorkel.

Mazatlan..Yucky. They say to get away from downtown. DD and I went back to the ship.

P.V was prob our favorite just because we did an excursion we liked. The zip line with Los Veranos. (online) Think that's the name.

The entertainment was ok. The Mariner is one of our favorite ships. THough food and entertainment just isn't priority to me. All food is ok. I find Carnival has the best food and entertainment. This is very subjective. JMO

Yet I like the Royal ships the best.

Really, until you try it, you won't know if you like it. We tried Mexico and it's not for us at all.

If you're taking kids, they would love the Mariner!

Archived