Marja,Peasea8ch and Seabourn Girl-re-photos

tayl

I was reading some of the older threads, as had been suggested. I came upon your photo shows, and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed them.

This will be our first time with Seabourn and our third cruise. We are only going for seven days.

The one thing that seems to stand out about Seabourn, is that there are many repeat sailors and everyone appears to know eachother.

I'm somewhat concerned, as my partner and I are the shy quiet types. Do you think we will fit in ?

I'm somewhat concerned, as my partner and I are the shy quiet types. Do you think we will fit in ?

I thnk that question was answered in another thread. The answer is an overwhelming "yes"! :D

Host Dan

Host Dan, that was before I saw what a close knit group you all were.

We're used to a larger vessel, where we get lost in the crowd. We like to be part of things,but we tend to be low key.

Blackbird71- We'll try tea time. Thanks

Host Dan, that was before I saw what a close knit group you all were.

We're used to a larger vessel, where we get lost in the crowd. We like to be part of things,but we tend to be low key.

Blackbird71- We'll try tea time. Thanks

Tayl,

Try the sky bar at late afternoon or in fact all afternoon , great getting together and cosy time there.

T&T

Tayl,

Because of the small number of passengers, you tend to meet the same ones on your shore excursions. And the shore excursions are a smaller because of the number of people. This just causes a natural bonding of passengers.

Tayl,

Thank you for your nice words about the slideshows. It is something that I enjoy doing as it adds to the pleasure of the cruise for me. As far as your concerns, all of us walked up the gangway to our Seabourn Yacht for the first time either knowing no one or just a few friends. If you enjoyed your first 2 cruises and you like being pampered with good food and service, then you will find like-minded passengers on Seabourn and you should easily make friends and "fit in." I find Seabourn passengers "a cut above," well-traveled and from all walks of life - even engineers (like me). :eek: So finding an interesting person to talk to is never a problem on Seabourn.

The reason there are so many repeaters on Seabourn cruises is that Seabourn has an excellent product! Seabourn focuses on the "software" or service while other lines focus on the "hardware" or the ships themselves. This attention to detail and providing excellent service is what sets Seabourn apart from other cruise lines even the upscale lines. Many Seabourn sailors cruise several times a year and it is not uncommon to run into passengers from prior cruises.

The crossings on Seabourn are a special case. Because they are so atttractively priced, the many sea days we all are a captive audience (passengers are not rushing about to go on shore excursions or shopping), means we get to know each other better and bond with the crew, staff, entertainers and officers. The whole experience is akin to a family reunion with the passengers and all the shipboard folks as well. I've done port intensive cruises on Seabourn and we all bond together as well. It truly is a wondrful ecperience! :D

An excellent way to meet people is at the hosted tables for dinner. Since you will be first-timers, you will most likely receive invites to dinner tables hosted by the officers, entertainers and guest lecturers. If there is not an invitation to dine at a hosted table when you arrive at your suite on embarkation day, tell the Assistant Cruise Director the next day that you would like to be invited to dine at the hosted tables. The ACD determines which passengers dine at the hosted tables. You simply accept or decline the invitation and no problem if you decline. As a solo sailor, Seabourn knows I love to dine at the hosted tables. I have made lifelong firends on Seabourn and other cruise lines after dining at the same table and we have kept in touch and sailed together on subsequent cruises. :)

I think you both will be fine. Bon Voyage and really enjoy your Seabourn cruise! :D

I'm sailing on June 30 on the Pride. I am sooooo happy as there are 3 days at sea. That means 3 chances for the blood sport known as Trivia. Even if you don't play come to the Horizon Lounge, or Constellation or Midnight Sun depending on which ship, and sit at the bar and watch the action.

I also agree Sky Bar. Its very popular all afternoon. I am going by myself as DH can't go and I usually go by myself. Never had a problem making friends. In fact when I do want to dine alone I am always invited to join other people. Very friendly people on Seabourn.

Bon voyage

Archived