Camp Carnival Pajama Party for a 22 month old

lubyshell

I used the pajama party for my then 3 year old. I brought a umbrella stroller with me to pick him up at night- since he was asleep. I would transfer him into that and roll him to the cabin and then put him in bed. He never woke up!

Now that he is 6- I pick him up at 10PM because I don't want him to fall asleep at the pajama party. Then I'd have to wake him and he would be really groggy.

I hate to tell you this though... on Disney there was a boy about 22 months old and he hated the nursery on board. He cried blue murder. It all depends on the child. 22 month old are still in the parallel play mode and aren't always eager to go with strangers- especially at night when they are tired. You'll have to play it by ear.

Best to have plan B if the Kids Club doesn't work out at night. Like extended family that might be willing to pitch in.

My 2 year old loved the Slumber Party...they bring in cookies and milk at 10pm. :D I didn't notice anyone under 2 years old there but I didn't see anyone screaming either. So everyone must have been having a good time.

I had a hard time getting my youngest OUT of Camp Carnival. Did NOT have that problem on RCCL Adventure Ocean...she was happy to leave by 10pm.

At Camp Carnival, they set up blankets and pillows and put a movie up on a big screen of TVs.

Also, you can do a Build A Buddy ($19.99) at the Camp...then the child can curl up with their buddy.

Rebecca - I can see why the boy cried in Flounder's Nursery. That place was BORING. I can't see anyone having a good time in there. Sorry. :(

Just got off the Carnival Liberty with my 15 month old daughter. We brought her to the camp carnival the same night they had the slumber party. We dropped her off asleep, and came back 3 hours later. The staff said she woke up shortly after we left and watched the movies with the older kids. They said she never complained.

During the whole cruise, I didn't hear of any complaints about the camp, and even heard kids tell their parents that they wanted to stay on the ship instead of going on the shore excursion.

All the kids at the slumber party seemed very happy, and were having a good time watching the movies.

I have one question....why would you let a two year old be up at 10 or later? Time change -you live in CA and its an east coast cruise?

My daughter is now 4 - I still wouldn't do it......

Am I missing something? Aren't children supposed to sleep so they can be happy campers the next day?

Just a question....

Barbara

I have one question....why would you let a two year old be up at 10 or later? Time change -you live in CA and its an east coast cruise?

My daughter is now 4 - I still wouldn't do it......

Am I missing something? Aren't children supposed to sleep so they can be happy campers the next day?

Just a question....

Barbara

My kids (even the 7 year old) go to bed at HOME by 7pm but on cruises they are so wired that they often stay up till 10:30pm-11pm. I can tell you how unusual it is for a 7 year old to go to bed at 7pm, but that is the way it is at our home.

But I KNOW from experience (I have an online mom's group) that other 2 year olds go to bed regularly at 10pm-11pm. And that is THEIR family's decision. Those kids also get up later (mine are early risers, up by 7am). But it's not up to us to say what is too late for someone else's child.

Those kid's camps are FULL after 10pm on the cruiseships...so I know alot of families that could disagree with you.

Try to stick to the topic, the OP didn't ask for child sleep advice.

My kids (even the 7 year old) go to bed at HOME by 7pm but on cruises they are so wired that they often stay up till 10:30pm-11pm. I can tell you how unusual it is for a 7 year old to go to bed at 7pm, but that is the way it is at our home.

But I KNOW from experience (I have an online mom's group) that other 2 year olds go to bed regularly at 10pm-11pm. And that is THEIR family's decision. Those kids also get up later (mine are early risers, up by 7am). But it's not up to us to say what is too late for someone else's child.

Those kid's camps are FULL after 10pm on the cruiseships...so I know alot of families that could disagree with you.

Try to stick to the topic, the OP didn't ask for child sleep advice.

Re: read my post. I wasn't giving sleep advice at all. I was asking "what I was missing" - No need for the snotty stick to the topic post!

How do you survive the next day?

BTW -my child goes to bed at 8 (central) is up at 8AM and naps for 1.5 hours in the afternoon.

My girls also stay up late on cruises - and there are lots of other toddlers up and enjoying their family or enjoying new friends in the kids' area. A nice nap after lunch does the trick (sometimes for mommy too) and we're all ready to have a great afternoon and evening.

Best,

Mia

My girls also stay up late on cruises - and there are lots of other toddlers up and enjoying their family or enjoying new friends in the kids' area. A nice nap after lunch does the trick (sometimes for mommy too) and we're all ready to have a great afternoon and evening.

Best' date='

Mia[/quote']

thank you for answering......do your girls take a nap in normal circumstances?

I usually do in cabin sitting (cruise line or family) so she can sleep. My daughter would announce to the counselors that it was "past her bedtime ...it is time for bed" at around 9 eastern.

The twins usually nap for about an hour during the day, but during a cruise it can drag into two hours, which is always nice for mommy to get to actually read a book or watch a movie or take my time getting dressed for dinner - all luxuries of the finest kind!

How do you survive the next day?

We manage. The kids are always so excited on a cruise that for them, sleep is secondary. They adapt pretty easily to different situations.

No naps...unless the 3 year old falls asleep in her stoller at an excursion. Which happened in December on the way to a dolphin encounter but didn't happen in May on Freedom.

I hate to tell you this though... on Disney there was a boy about 22 months old and he hated the nursery on board. He cried blue murder. It all depends on the child. 22 month old are still in the parallel play mode and aren't always eager to go with strangers- especially at night when they are tired. You'll have to play it by ear.

Best to have plan B if the Kids Club doesn't work out at night. Like extended family that might be willing to pitch in.

We have no family coming with us and my 14 yo son will be off doing his own thing, we were just hoping for some adult time or perhaps a LATE reservation at Harry's, but if it doesn't work no biggie:D

Archived