One last thought

haredi

:confused: I should have asked this in my last thread, but I just remembered. We get in to Barcelona at 7:30 am. What do you do for the day? I thought I read somewhere that you can get on the ship after 1 pm. Is there anything to do in between then? Can you sightsee a bit, or when you get on the ship can you start swimming, eating, going to the spa?

D

If boarding time is 1 pm, usually folks start lining up about 10:30, and you can usually start boarding by 11:30 or even before. I wouldnt plan a lot of sightseeing before boarding in a town Im not familiar with. Go enjoy the sights early in the morning and have a nice breakfast.

:confused: I should have asked this in my last thread, but I just remembered. We get in to Barcelona at 7:30 am. What do you do for the day? I thought I read somewhere that you can get on the ship after 1 pm. Is there anything to do in between then? Can you sightsee a bit, or when you get on the ship can you start swimming, eating, going to the spa?

D

I just returned from the Disney Mediterranean cruise on the Magic. But we went two days early and stayed at a Disney recommended hotel. They allowed us to check in for the cruise at the hotel so we avoided the lines. A shuttle took us to the ship fromt the hotel that Disney set up around 11:30 AM.

Regarding your schedule, Disney does have shore excursions from the ship. Or you can catch the shuttle disney provides from the ship to the Grand Marina (World Trade Center...all the same place). So if you plan on arriving at 7:30 AM, I think your schedule will look something like:

7:30 AM Arrive

8:30 AM Finish going to customs, get baggage, Disney greeter (assuming you signed up for ground transfers), board bus/shuttle/limo to Ship.

9:30 AM arrive at terminal. Baggage will go straight to your cabin.

10:00 AM catch the shuttle to the World Trade Center (Grand Marina Hotel)

From there you can walk to Las Ramblas and start your Barcelona walking tour.

We went up to Las Ramblas the morning we arrived....even though we were tired from the red-eye from Neward, NJ. It was fun and we had a great time eating Tapas and drinking Cava.

I did meet several families on the trip that had been on several Disney cruises and had been to Barcelona. They took a taxi from the airport and oddly enough we saw them later in Barcelona.

Barcelona is a fine city to walk through....very easy to get around on a tour bus (either through Disney or at the World Trade Center you can join a non-disney tour bus).

Have fun!

Archived