Palma beach transportation

Hi- there are regular buses to Palma Nova from Palma but I'm sorry I don't know where the bus stop is. Last year we took a taxi (loads available right outside terminal), spent a couple of hours on the beach, lunch , a little shopping, and taxi back. I think it was about 25 euros to get there, but the taxi back was much cheaper , about 18. We hadn't booked it, just hailed one in the street. Hopefully someone else can help with the bus and more specific information.

kate

Kate,

Thanks for that information. Just what I was looking for!! Do you have any specific suggestions on where in Palmanova to be on the beach? Where to be asked to be taken? And if you rented a chair, about what cost should I expect? I have not been there previously. We will be there on a Sunday from 10a to 6p.

Jeff

I expect it will be pretty busy on a Sunday. The prices may have gone up since we paid 12 euros for 2 beds and a parasol last year- we paid 15 on the Costa Brava in May this year. As we had previously stayed at the (very good) Sol Cala Blanca hotel, we asked to be taken there- the Cala Blanca area of the beach is very central for all amenities, and is nearest to the Torre Nova headland between Palma Nova and Magaluf. Don't forget your sunscreen! HTH

kate

• 6 years later...
Hi- there are regular buses to Palma Nova from Palma but I'm sorry I don't know where the bus stop is. Last year we took a taxi (loads available right outside terminal), spent a couple of hours on the beach, lunch , a little shopping, and taxi back. I think it was about 25 euros to get there, but the taxi back was much cheaper , about 18. We hadn't booked it, just hailed one in the street. Hopefully someone else can help with the bus and more specific information.

kate

Can anybody give me more updated information regarding taxi availability/price from Palma port to Palmanova beach for me my daughter & 5 year old grandson? Also am concerned about the return journey - are taxis readily available from the beach area or is it best to book a return journey at the start?

Archived