Three bigger AFTS on M class?

Luxuriate

I've been looking at the view of the AFT cabins on M-Class (sorry, I just couldn't find the link again). Is it my imagination or does 9164, 8176, and 7212 have a bigger balcony? Are the cabins bigger too? The deck plans do not show them any bigger but the picture I have seen makes them look bigger.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Warmwinds - If that is true, then I would be very hesitate to book a handicapped room, especially early.

I booked recently 7208 for 2009 cruise.

Would hate to think that Celebrity would allowed me to book 7212, when 7208 was available, for example, then later bump me out of 7212 into potentially a NON aft cabin when I could have booked 7208 in my example.

Guess I need to look into this further. Thanks for the tip.

Shipshape, on our very first trip on an M-class, we were booked in a regular balcony cabin. I started reading about the afts, and decided to check. Sure enough, 8176 was available. It was Celebrity themselves who told me that they would sell me the cabin, but that I might be bumped. Since it was only 3 weeks before sailing, and the ship was not full, I took my chances. It turned out I met the people who had the cabin and had cancelled - they were in an aft just below us, their mother (who was disabled) was going to be with them, and had booked 8176, but then couldn't come.

Sam, you will notice the loss of the extra 3 feet (: But after the initial shock of walking in the cabin and having it be smaller, we still love the afts. And it really is nice to know that a disabled person can also enjoy these cabins.

Warmwinds - We are used to the regular balconies, but you are right it is noticiably smaller (7208).

I also am glad they have the handicap rooms in various categories.

Have not checked into formal policy about assigning a person a handicap room and then taking it away. I guess that could be the case for any room?

Not sure what you mean. I believe they only sell the HC rooms to those with documented (by a doctor) need, EXCEPT, like in my case, where it was so shortly before sailing. But at the last minute if a disabled person decided to book, and there were no HC cabins left, then they would probably bump a non-disabled person who had a HC cabin. If all the HC cabins were filled by documented need, then I guess they would tell the new seeker "we're all full, you must take a regular cabin". This I think happened on one cruise we were on - there were so many people in scooters, etc., that they obviously didn't all have HC cabins since there were so many scooters parked in the hallways.

I don't know about the other FOV cabins, but 7199 on Infinity was huge. More than 300 square feet inside and out. My parents had more than 20 Cruise Critic visitors on that balcony, one afternoon as we sailed through the Panama Canal, and there was plenty of room for everyone. Also, don't let anyone tell you that a couple can't get the FOV. It became available nearly 3 months before our cruise, and Celebrity had no problem letting us book it for my parents. The TA suggested that we might lose it, but it never happened.

Bob

Archived