Med/Greek Isle Photo Review!!!

joyride

OK, so this is different, but I have to share with you all.

We were on the Golden Med/Greek Isle cruise last September/October from Rome to Venice. We took tons of pictures, video, etc. among our group of 8. My DH has finally finished his DVD of our trip. It is one hour and 20 minutes long and it includes pictures, some video & fun stuff with background music.

Alot of it is candid pictures of our little group - which most of you would not necessarily relate to since you don't know us, but I think the final product is fun to watch and there are some awesome pictures. We even have DONKEYS in Santorini!!!

Check it out if you would like at http://www.bassplayer.ws/Europe_2006.html

You will notice some blank shots of sky and such where it is supposed to pan up or down, and it does on the DVD, but does not on this. Other than that, I think it has some nice stuff on it.

Check it out and let me know what you all think!

I have spent all afternoon looking at these FABULOUS photos. We have already been to most of these places, but will be doing this identical itinerary next June.......I am wishing away 353 days of my life.

Thank you for sharing this with us!

This thing has driven me crazy! Is it just me, or do others have a problem getting this to run? I have downloaded what is necessary. The first part opens, but that's it. When I click on on of the ports...nothing. It just sits there. I so wanted to see this!!!

Anyone have a suggestion or is it my computer?:mad:

Janet

This thing has driven me crazy! Is it just me, or do others have a problem getting this to run? I have downloaded what is necessary. The first part opens, but that's it. When I click on on of the ports...nothing. It just sits there. I so wanted to see this!!!

Anyone have a suggestion or is it my computer?:mad:

Janet

Janet, if by chance you are using AOL, try opening it in IE or Firefox. I had a similar problem using the AOL browser. Good luck.....hope you get to see them.

Any other suggestions??:mad: I am using IE. I can open the intro, but when I click on the ports it just tells me its getting more data from the server. It will NOT open.

I so wanted to see this, as we are going to most of these ports next summer.

Anyone know what I should do differently?

Janet

Janet - This show is so large, that it is only suitable for broadband. Are you on dial up? We are thinking that perhaps that could be the problem.

Here are the guides we used:

Stefano in Rome (The best, my buddy!!!) Stefano will do airport pickup, transport to the ship, Rome tours and outside of Rome tours. He is wonderful and so is his partner Marco!!! If you book multiple things with him he will give you a discount. He can also arrange a Vatican guide (we had Tom Shaker - funny guy) for $100 and get you to the front of the lines at the Collusium, etc. Tell Stefano you heard about him from Joyce in California! Take him some red hots candy! Stefano's website is: http://www.romecabs.com

Fabulous Hotel in Venice was the Locanda Orseolo. Awesome, very expensive - but worth every penny. It was about $350 a night. The owner Matteo has now opened another hotel on the Grand Canal. This place was incrediable, and the chocolate/banana crepes for breakfast were to die for.

website is: http://www.locandaorseolo.com

Our awesome trip in Tuscany was with http://www.papillonservice.com/ and our guide was a local girl named Sabrina. Be sure that you request lunch at San Donato Winery - it was so quaint and beautiful - a little family owned midevil town made into a winery. Exceptional lunch and very good and inexpensive wine.

We rode the train to Florence on our own and it was easy. Also, the restaurant Monte Carlo Pizzaria at Piazza Navone in Rome was a lively, fun and wonderful place for dinner with lots of locals!

Our guide in Athens was Paul. Very nice guy who lived in the US for many years. contact is: http://www.greecebytaxi.com

I can't wait to go back to Italy, we had such a fabulous time!! Enjoy everyone!

This is wonderful. I haven't finished all of the segments but I'm really enjoying it. Your husband and his cast and crew did a wonderful job.

We are staying at Laconda Orseolo in November and can't wait. Unfortunately they have had some plumbing problems lately, which actually came form the building next door. We had they same suite booked that you had but it has been effected so will be moving to a deluxe room. Oh well, I know we'll have a grand time.

Did you do a written review of your trip and if so could you post the link so those of us who haven't seen it can read it?

Hope you enjoy your next cruise as much as you obviously enjoyed this one.

Stacey

I did write a review and it's here on CC under Golden Princess 9/06 by joyride. Here's the link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=24390

Janet - I really want you to watch our video. Did you try clicking on "play all" and see if that works... Heck, if you can't get it to work, I just might have to send you a DVD! Let me know.

I'm really proud of the job my DH did on this. I think he did some really cool stuff with it. The only problem is that it took so long for the finished product!

Joyride,

I have clicked 'play all', clicked each one individually, clicked...double clicked...waited...cursed...begged...came back and tried later...said please. NOTHING...just says its getting more data from the server.

I give up. I wanted to show DH who has not got into the planning yet. Joyride, if we can work something out.... http://www.jvander@geneseo.net !

Thanks,

Janet

DH says he is working on a different version that should work for the MAC and may also work for Judy in Illinois! He says it will be ready tonight, so check back and I will let you know when to try it...

Archived