Seattle: Homewood Suites Downtown? Other Recs?

Anyone had experience with the Homewood Suites near the Space Needle in Seattle? We're going to spend a couple of days in Seattle after our Alaska cruise. We'll have our 3 teen kids with us. So we need two rooms at a fairly reasonable price. We're thinking the Homewood Suites near downtown might fit the bill. Any advice? Other recommendations?

I would say unless you are getting a great deal and you have heard something good about the hotel (I have never stayed or heard anything about it) I would check to see about other locations. The one problem is the hotel's location, yes you are close to the Seattle Center, but you are a little ways to the downtown area, you can alway walk across the street and jump on a bus for a small charge. Not sure if there are a lot of places to eat, the location is near a lot of businesses.

Maybe check out some of the other Seattle threads to see other hotels that have been recommended, I know Silver Cloud on Lake Union is popular.

the Watertown Hotel is great:) The rooms are fairly small but modern and comfy:) The bathroom is great. There is a smal microwave in the room and a tiny fridge. It is one of the top Seattle hotels on tripadvisor dot com They do run a shuttle to downtown Seattle.

Drive by the hotel all the time. If the rate is reasonable, I would stay there. As previous posted says bus is right across the street. Another possibility is the Silver Cloud at Safeco Field. Bus stops right next to hotel, or you can walk about 4 blocks and you are in Pioneer Square. From there you the bus in free ride area and you can ride the bus for free around the main downtown area of Seattle. Other people have stayed at this hotel and really enjoyed it and said it was reasonable. The hotel has not been opened that long.

Shelley

• 3 weeks later...

DH and I stayed at the Homewood Suites last year prior to our Alaskan Cruise. It is a nice place to stay and does have breakfast plus a "managers reception" in the evening that includes snacks, drinks and really enough to make a dinner - or it did last year anyway! They also provided shuttle service to the Pier (for a price).

It is not close to downtown but there are bus stops nearby and grocery stores within walking distance and it is in a nice residential area. We'd stay there again.

Guest maler

My wife & I stayed there last year for new years eve and were sorely disappointed. It seemed very utilitarian. Furniture was very uncomfortable.

They did have a free breakfast but it wasn't much.

I think we paid $189 and didn't feel like it was worth it. It looks much nicer from the outside than from inside.

Archived