Rendezvous Hotel vs Langham

I haven't used the hotel yet - nor do I know the "exact" location but based on advise from others on this sight I booked rooms with the Rendevous Hotel for 2 nights before our March 9/08 cruise. I emailed directly to the hotel and got a rate of $170 per night Plus 12.5% GST. This is the one that used to be called Carlton (that Princess uses) so I'm sure will fill up fast. I asked the distance from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the ship and this was the answer from the hotel.

With regards to the Airport, it will take approximately 30-40mintues from the Airport to the Hotel, depending on traffic.

However, it will only take good 15mintues by walk, from our Hotel to the Cruise ship, or 5 – 10 minutes by taxi.

We do have our own restaurants for your families’ breakfast, but we also have Denny’s (family restaurant) near by or cafes that your families may dine at.

Just giving you some more food for thought :D

These hotels are both very similarly located. Langham is much more upmarket and expensive than Rendezvous. Its only for one night and I think location is probably more important for you so I would go for Rendezvous.

Probably don't go for the most basic room in Rendezvous (very basic) but its up to you. here are the websites, you be the judge.

http://www.rendezvoushotels.com.au/melbourne_city/

http://www.langhamhotelmelbourne.com.au/

Archived