Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Well, this is my third week working out and I'm feeling better. This weekend I'll buy the Starter Kit, I just feel that I need extra help.
Thanks everybody for all your advices and I'll keep you post...

Good Luck, Yoa. It did help and continues to help when you hit a wall............which I did again this week. DANG!! I am so happy for all of you that are dropping the weight fast as I continue to struggle along. No weight loss this week, nada, and I'm bummed. BUT..........and it's a very big but ...................no, I didn't say big butt.................I must have lost fat and picked up some more muscle, because the clothes are looking great and so am I!! I feel fantastic! Oh, there are still some rolls and not too great looking cellulite spots, but hey - I got it goin on! :p

I remember the days when I would lose fast, and I don't know how those people on the Biggest Loser lose 15 pounds in one week ( funny how they never show a real diet on that show - just ridiculous exercise). I guess I'm paying the price of a yo-yo dieter - but dang, I want some good food sometime!!:( I'm due for a binge. I figure one a month is about right. I need chocolate.

I have been using Alli for a while now, but not religiously... I got back to doing it right, 1 per fat containing meal, and keeping the fat grams low. I have now lost 12 pounds. I have just over 3 months to our cruise! I don't know if I'll reach my goal, but I will definitely look and feel better than I do now!

Keep up the good work everyone!

[quote name='Bablefish']I remember the days when I would lose fast, and I don't know how those people on the Biggest Loser lose 15 pounds in one week ( funny how they never show a real diet on that show - just ridiculous exercise). [/QUOTE]

If we could work out 5-6 HOURS a day and have folks around us who are trying to beat us at something(i"m a big competition person!) you bet we would lose more than we do at home squeezing in exercise between husbands, kids, school, work, baseball, ballet, swimming, Scouts..........etc and trying to eat healthy with all the worldly temptations. I think we are all doing pretty good with what we are working with! :D

Anyone try to double the Alli dose?

Isn't 60 mgs of Orlistat 1/2 of the prescription dose anyway?

I read too that the Alli was 1/2 the prescription dose. I'm too afraid to double it though. Remember reading too many bad experience (TE wise) when the prescription first started being given.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! I've been a little under the weather with a cold but feeling better today!

needalatte - 9 pounds...that's fantastic!! It can be done..I lost 8 my first week (last Sept.) on Alli. Just remember, it won't probably happen again. Alot of it is probably water, etc. But heck..9 pounds is 9 pounds and you should be proud of yourself!!! Also, I don't think taking 2 does any good since it can only attach itself to half the fat in your body. Since you still need some fat, would probably not be a good idea.

yoa - your doing great..keep up the good work!!

newbie..you are so right! If I had someone to cook my meals and all I had to do is work out all day (and not actually work)..I think we could all lose as much as they do. My question is..they say its not good to lose that much weight, yet they promote it on the show? I wonder how many actually "keep" it off.

pam - your kicking butt and taking names!!! I didn't gain or lose this week but my co-workers can see a difference in my clothes. I refuse to buy "in-between clothes". I will stay in my "Baggy" clothes until my last year cruise clothes fit comfortably. So I look like a "bag lady"..lol

Cheryl, you are too funny! lol My clothes are starting to really feel loose too but, my smaller ones are still a little snug. Hmmm.... what was I wearing in between??? I don't want to buy any new stuff either.

Keep up the good work. I'm sure the weight loss will show up real soon. I am waiting for mine to stop for a week or so cuz of 'that time of the month'. Maybe this week? I'll try not to get discouraged. One more pound and I will be to my first 'big' goal.

Beautiful here in Ct. Looks like this week is gonna be in the 60's. I think winter is officially over! Great walking weather.

Cheryl, you are too funny! lol My clothes are starting to really feel loose too but, my smaller ones are still a little snug. Hmmm.... what was I wearing in between??? I don't want to buy any new stuff either.

Keep up the good work. I'm sure the weight loss will show up real soon. I am waiting for mine to stop for a week or so cuz of 'that time of the month'. Maybe this week? I'll try not to get discouraged. One more pound and I will be to my first 'big' goal.

Beautiful here in Ct. Looks like this week is gonna be in the 60's. I think winter is officially over! Great walking weather.

We actually got some cooler weather this week. I think today should only get up to mid 70's and is supposed to be in the low 40's tonight. I look forward to this weather all year and hate to see it go!

I have to tell you..as a kid, we used to drive from Florida to Mass. every year to visit the family. CT was always my favorite state to drive through and my parents always woke me up if I was sleeping to see all the lights, etc. Your so lucky!

Finally, I have reached my second goal and will now adjust the next goal at the Alli site to another six pounds. 23 pounds lost. It took a long time, but I'll take it! I'm going to use the website to calculate some calories for a cruise meal plan. Thanks for all your help.

Finally, I have reached my second goal and will now adjust the next goal at the Alli site to another six pounds. 23 pounds lost. It took a long time, but I'll take it! I'm going to use the website to calculate some calories for a cruise meal plan. Thanks for all your help.

Congratulations!!!!! 23 pounds is ALOT..you must feel lighter and healthier!

Yes. I feel great. I can't believe the clothes I'm wearing that I never thought I would fit into again. I also have never been on a rigid diet this long in my life. Determination is the key - and I never want to gain this weight back again. I would love to lose another 10-15 or even 20 pounds, but I'm happy with this.

Hang in there everyone. You can dooooooooooooo it.:D

It's not much but I have lost six pounds in two weeks, yea at least I lost and didn't gain (which I can do if I even look at food). Have a question for those of you who've used Alli longer than me....does anyone ever get a shaky feeling an hour or so after taking it? I have for the past couple of days and can't figure out if it's related to Alli or not.

It's not much but I have lost six pounds in two weeks, yea at least I lost and didn't gain (which I can do if I even look at food). Have a question for those of you who've used Alli longer than me....does anyone ever get a shaky feeling an hour or so after taking it? I have for the past couple of days and can't figure out if it's related to Alli or not.

I can't say I have ever felt that way..happens when I take cold medicine!

Congrats on the 6 pounds..thats a terrific accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself!!!

Thanks so much for the encouriging words and for turning my lightbulb on....I've been taking sinus meds for the past couple of days....duh!!!

Only reason I know is last Friday I bought some Aleve Cold/Flu (had to sign for it at the pharmacy..should have been a tell tale sign) and without reading the directions (I've taken Allergy medicne most of my life) I popped 2 pills in my mouth (this was around 5pm). At 11pm, when it was time to go to bed, I realized I was "buzzing" like nobodys business and when I looked at the package I saw it was non-drowsy medicine, but you are only supposed to take (1) every 12 hours!!! I literally stayed up the whole night and didn't sleep until 3:30 pm the next day when I came home from owrking my part-time job at the airport!! I feel like I am still trying to catch up on my sleep!!

I will never again take medicine without reading the directions!!!

Dolphinfan-Hope you're better now, this wierd hot and cold weather is doing my head in!! Where do you work at MCO? We're flying to Oregon in a couple of weeks and are staying the night before at the Hyatt since we have a 6am flight.

I work Saturdays from 8:30am-2:30pm putting people (like us) on the Mears buses going to the Glory! I meet them at American Air, Continental, Air Canada and Mid-West and direct them down to the bus for their trip over to the port.

What night are you at the Hyatt? I live close enough to the airport that I could walk if I needed too!

CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal. How wonderful for you! You must be so excited-those of you who are doing se well are an inspiration to me (who keeps puttering along ever so slowly!)

Does anyone else sometimes feel like the pills are caught in your throat even tho you know for sure they are not? I usually take mine with like 16 oz water or more but sometimes it feels like it is right in my throat (you know where the collar bones are? Where they would do a trach tube for all you med folks) Sometimes it happens and sometimes not. Can't seem to figure it out. Am I the only one who gets this?

if Alli is really doing anything for me. Yes I have lost some weight in the past 2 weeks but I had barely any treatment effects.

Last night I ate a bowl of oily cheesy, ziti with chicken just to see what would happen. It was a frozen package from costco and I have no idea what was in it, but this HAD to have a lot of fat in it... (I had thrown out the box, so I really didnt know) The similar ones I found online had like 60gms of fat.

Nothing happened. :confused:

Starting to wonder how much of a role is Alli really playing here or is at all me? :confused:

Newbiecruiser, thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Yes, I do feel wonderful and a little nervous that I will go back to my old eating habits. I am going to treat myself to a candy bar or something, once in awhile. The biggest connection is how getting sugar out of my system has really improved my quality of life - but I love that sugar!! I feel ten years younger thanks to all of the exercise and look toned and strong. I can't wait to get out my tank tops and show off my arms. (sorry to sound braggy, but I have earned a lttle self praise) Oh, and sometimes the pills (any big pill) will get stuck in my throat. Eating a little something usually pushes it through.

Needalatte - I had the same questions. Since Alli works in the intestine and not the brain, it is probably the most healthful diet aid. I've had no jitters, bad aftertaste, or cramping. I rarely have any "oily" effects now - not like in the beginning. I wondered if my body had adapted to it and it was not effective - UNTIL - I cheat! There is definitely an increase in runny stools and more bowel movements. I tested it once with ice cream and potato chips and will NEVER do it again.

Keep in mind that everyone is different though, that is why we are all losing at different rates.

Have a great ALLI day everyone!! Stay strong! Drink water!! NOW.:)

Archived