if we have 2 rooms, can we move the furniture around?

OnTheBrink

if u do not use the closet for clothes i am sure there is plenty of room for the kids to sleep there, it is a large open space /no doors , and it should work fine for them

Oh! Brilliant! They might love a little hideout like that!

I don't think the closet would work out. My kids are 5 and there is no way they would fit there without totally blocking the bathroom door.

I also don't want to come across as harping on a small detail, and support and wish you well on the cruise. But when you say there is no option to change cabins, did your m-i-l actually say that, or are you just a little nervous about maybe offending her by suggesting an alternative? It's probably academic at this point anyway, as I'm sure there aren't many choices left. But since you have 2 cabins, I think once you are on board and see how they are laid out, you guys will decide to split and each take a kid to a room.

Don't worry that was definitely done as well and I had the girls fill one card in for him as well!!:)

ps would love to sit at your table LOL!!!

Wow, and the girls filled out a card, too? You are a classy Aussie family! No wonder Australia is my favorite country (Sydney, my favorite city). I just returned from 2 weeks there & will be in Sydney Feb. 13 & Cairns Feb. 17th-I can hardly wait.

Linda

Yeah, the idea to do the suite was mentioned before we even booked. It was my SIL that mentioned it on our behalf, actually. But MIL didn't want to do that. So, OK. Truly, I am totally fine with the 2 rooms. I'm just trying to picture the sleeping thing.

In our family, we are not tied to sleeping in the same bed with the same bed partner every night. Sometimes my husband and I share. Sometimes my kids do. Sometimes I have my daughter next to me in my bed. Sometimes my husband and son sleep in his bed. It's sleep. It's not a big deal to us as long as everyone wakes well rested and cheerful!

Another idea would be to order some of Princess' egg-crate mattress toppers and use them for the floor, then you wouldn't have to haul the air mattresses. Of course, if the kids like really comfortable beds, I withdraw that suggestion.

That's another great idea! Thanks!

I’m not sure about Princess (my first cruise with Princess is next month!), but my sister has 3 kids (10, 8, 5) and they book adjoining rooms on HAL. She bungees the connecting door open (inside, not balcony) so she and DH can sleep together in one room and the kids in the other. They can still hear the kids and the kids can come see mom & dad if need be. They "boys" use one bathroom and the "girls" the other. She only uses one door to go in and out to avoid mixing up room keys. She also tells the room steward why the inside door is open.

if u do not use the closet for clothes i am sure there is plenty of room for the kids to sleep there, it is a large open space /no doors , and it should work fine for them

She does this at hotels/condos and her kids LOVE it!

Anohter suggestion is to have your cabin steward call maintenance, and have them take out the wall that seperates the room and have them screen in your balcony for added room. I am wondering if this post is a joke or possibly guest from the Jerry Springer show.

Anohter suggestion is to have your cabin steward call maintenance, and have them take out the wall that seperates the room and have them screen in your balcony for added room. I am wondering if this post is a joke or possibly guest from the Jerry Springer show.

I don't get it. Which part seems like a joke to you?

Maybe I missed this, but why can't one parent sleep with a child in one cabin, and the other parent with the other child in the second?

Why do you all have to 'be together' it's only for sleeping, you'll all be together all day long for every waking moment.

Maybe I missed this, but why can't one parent sleep with a child in one cabin, and the other parent with the other child in the second?

Why do you all have to 'be together' it's only for sleeping, you'll all be together all day long for every waking moment.

That is likely what we will do. A boy room and a girl room. But I was just trying to think of other options as well. One reason is that it would be nice to have a "sleeping room" and a "living room". But if we just stick to 2 rooms with 2 people each, that will be just fine!

On the Brink,

A few suggestions,

The floor space between the balcony sliding glass doors and the bed should be sufficient for one of your children if not both. Just put the chair in the other stateroom if you need the extra space. If you have to go pee in the night, just remember your kids are there.

Another option

Try all 4 in the same bed. The beds are pretty big. My wife and I have a 6 and 3 year old and sometimes all 4 of us end up in a queen sized bed. Not recommended every night but with the size of the beds in the stateroom you might be able to accommodate that. At least you could rotate 3 in the bed on night and swap out who is on the floor every night. If you want some private time you can go next door for a little alone time;) and then join them for sleeping.

Last suggestion-

Call princess and see what they suggest for the furniture. The only real think you can move are the chairs and the little table. Everything else is nailed/bolted down. If you want the egg shell mattress you need to send a fax off to a certain department at princess anyway. If you used a travel agent have them make those arrangements and inquiries for you.

Whatever you come up with, it will be awesome for two reasons.

1. Its a gift

2. You are on VACATION

Have a great time

You might move the chairs and little table into the second cabin and see about moving the two beds (that make up the queen) flush against the wall and see if you can fit in one of the other two twins from the 2nd cabin into the sleeping cabin. You'd have an extras large bed that you all could fit in. it might be possible. Then move the other twin in cabin 2 against the wall and use it as a seating area. You probably would have to move the night stand also but why not make it work for you. If you put most of your clothes into the 2nd cabin, that could be the "getting ready" cabin.

Have you considered connecting cabins? Or are you just kidding?

Archived