Cabs In Vancouver!!!!!

lrskier

If you are in need of a cab to take you from the pier, get off your ship ASAP. The RCCL helpers were really nice but told us that there are nto enougth cabs in Vancouver to handle the cruise traffic. They had a que setup to keep waiting organized, and it was 6-8 lines deep. We got off early and only had 1.5 to wait thru and it took 20-30 minutes. They said the cab line wouldeventually stretch WAYYYYYYYYY back. Most rental cars have shuttles except Hertz which i used..lol. some were grabbing a cab to airport when shuttles were available and less expensive. Have a great time going somewhere.

I've checked and the morning that we arrive in Vancouver we will be the only ship in port. Hopefully that will make the situation a little bit better. Just curious, did you notice how many other ships were there when you experienced the long waits?

We arrived in Vancouver via Amtrak for our cruise on the Spirit the day before sailing. We had 4 huge suitcases (we definitely could/should have cut this in half) and 2 carryons and 2 backpacks. We got into the taxi line and watched as Prius after Prius came to take people in line in front of us. I own a Prius, and I can tell you we definitely could not have fit in a Prius with all of our luggage. Finally our turn came and a Malibu came. It was a tight fit, but we actually made it. Something to think about if you're planning a taxi ride. Make sure you've got your luggage down to a reasonable amount--

We have a car booked thru Hertz also. Can you tell me if the Seymour location is close enough to the cruise ship dock in Vancouver to walk. Also did you return the car to the airport? How far is the drop off point at the airport from the actual terminals. We are debating dropping it off the night before since we have a very early flight before the office opens in the morning, but not sure how to get back to our hotel if we do that.

Thanks for your help

Mat, our location wasnt even where we could find and the telephone #printed out teh area code twice \so it wasnt a working number.. my reservation was made ont he interente for ballyntine pier.. you might call you location and confirm address.. We went to the west hastings location near CAnada place; in the Renaissance and they took care of my reservation and they also credited myh cab fare against my rental.

we drove to Seattle and got another rental for the weekend.. Oneway rentals were over $100 a day so we got another one for the weekend in Portland for $58 online. Airport, ck and see if they are going to charge you a one way fare for dropping at airport. I would do that, it usually is less than cab or shuttle to airport. we kept our weekend rental in seattle and paid 25 for the valet instead of using the shuttle for about the same amount and had the convience of taking care of ourselves.. have a great time.. LRSkier

Archived