Besides checking with the Weather Channel,

Can I get some input from those "In The Know" on here?:D

Sailing out of Seattle in October with stops in Vancouver, Victoria,

and Nanaimo. What are the "average" temps for that time of year?

I bet some locals can help me more than the Weather Channel

Folks;)

I will check prior to my flying across country but just wondered

what the normal October weather is like? Would layering be my

best choice for daytime?

Thanks for the any input:)

October could be quite cool (usually is and wet too) So the usual layers is the norm for all of us. Every once in a while though we will get that sunny day that makes us forget we are on the wet cost.

and that weather channel guy/girl nah!!!! It's the coast and you get what you get that day lol.

Hi, thanks for the reply:) So, long sleeves and long pants!

Even though I live in Florida I have quite a few sweaters too;)

A poncho and umbrella and closed shoes for daytime as well.

This almost sounds like the same way I packed for Alaska

last summer:D and that cruise was FANTASTIC! So, hopefully

this one will be too!

October can be one of the best months weatherwise! The last few years we have enjoyed sunny and drier than usual weather:) For sure bring a waterproof jacket but with any luck you won't be needing it!! As for umbrellas, I find them more of a hindrance than a help. They tend to direct the drops right down my back. If you are here for a REAL rainstorm, you won't want to be outside anyway.

Barb

unlike in florida - our weather "normals" don't work very well out here... kind of like averaging day & night to get dusk. The bright & pleasant days of early October are vastly different from the wet and dreary days we can get later in the month. The normals are an average of the two. It can be lovely here in October plus the summer crowds are gone & it's mostly just the "regulars" around.

I wouldn't bother with the newspapers for weather information.. it's usually just computer generated, in print it's always at least a day old & only covers the next few days...not much help for October!

Plan on what you took for your alaskan cruise minus the shorts & tank tops. definitely bring a good rain jacket.. or buy one here, depending on the weather.

you'll see umbrellas in downtown vancouver, but I agree with the earlier poster that they just get in the way & pop inside out when there's wind.

Vancouver's normal data is here - temps in Celsius. Seattle's would be very similar.

http://climate.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/climate_normals/results_e.html?Province=ALL&StationName=vancouver&SearchType=Contains&LocateBy=Province&Proximity=25&ProximityFrom=City&StationNumber=&IDType=MSC&CityName=&ParkName=&LatitudeDegrees=&LatitudeMinutes=&LongitudeDegrees=&LongitudeMinutes=&NormalsClass=A&SelNormals=&StnId=889&

Archived