Carl & Gordon or taxi at pier

Deno1

Our family of 4 have booked a day at Pineapple Beach Resort while we are in Antigua in 3 weeks.

I emailed Carl and Gordon about transportation - he emailed back and said it would be 16.00 per person round trip. so that would be 64.00 plus tip.

Added to the day at the resort of 180 that is a total of 244.00.

I am wondering if you think it is better to get a cab at the pier when we arrive or should I go ahead and book transportation with Carl and Gordon.

Thanks for your input!

Deno1

I have the exact same question about the taxie at the port, we will be there in 2 weeks , its 2 of us and got quoted $64, too much for me.

My question to you ... did you get option B (no breakfast) at the Pineapple Beach Resort? my price was 49.95 each for 2 adults , yours seems less then that , some kid prices maybe ? just checking , this is becoming a pricy day. Although i have been told it is so worth it.

I just looked at their website and it says....

US$45.00 P/P+ 10% Service charge -

I did not add the 10% SC in. So your price is probably right. I went ahead and booked with Carl and Gordon - seems that they are reliable. But the price for a beach day does add up.

We will be there Aug 2nd on the Adventer of the Sea - I would love to know what you thought about it when you get back. My email address is Darlene9361@aol.com

Thanks!

We are on adventure of the Sea July 29th. We are going to Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, St Thomas and St Maarten.

This will be our first time to the first 3 stops - but we have been to St Thomas and St Maarten twice. I always shop for jewelry in St Maarten. We have found very good deals on tanzanite and Blue Diamonds there.

Hope you have a great vacation and I look forward to your review.

If you get a cab at the pier, they will probably charge you the same amount as Gordon. It's a good 30 minute ride to Pineapple Beach.

I'd recommend going with Gordon. He's a good guy. He took us to Pineapple Beach in April, was at the pier with his straw hat and sign, picked us back up right on time and gave us lots of good information about the island along the ride. He has a nice van too.

Why don't you ask on your roll call if anyone else is going to Pineapple Beach? You could probably get a better price per person if you have more people.

Deno1, We will be on this route next April,I see you have bought tanzanite in St Maarten any suggestions on where to shop and would like info on your excursions in Antiqua, i'm looking forward to any info to help plan my trip. Thanks in advance.

Laura

We took Carl and Gordon to Pineapple beach.Well worth it .Very secure,knowlagable and freindly.P.B is one of the nicest resorts we ever went too.I could have stayed a week there no problem,clean and beautiful from the pools to the beach.Very nice layout with lots of flowers,palmtress etc.Well worth the $45.Carl took us to devils bridge for picture before hand which was absolutly amazing.You won't be dissapointed worth either option.

Hey Glen

We also used Carl & Gordon ans they were fantastic......I set up transportation for about 30 people and it could not have been easier, they are true professionals......Just look for the straw hat...:D

PB was a great choice, we plan to go back next April but from what we heard it might not be open.......renovations...hope I'm wrong.

Deno1, We will be on this route next April,I see you have bought tanzanite in St Maarten any suggestions on where to shop and would like info on your excursions in Antiqua, i'm looking forward to any info to help plan my trip. Thanks in advance.

Laura

Hey Beachgirl66

Sorry for the delay - I just got back to this thread. We typically shop at Diamonds International and when we are in St Maaten we go to Ballerina's. Last year my daughter and I both bought white & blue diamonds there. About 3 months later a small side diamond fell out of my daughters ring - we called them and they totally stood behind the purchase. We had a replacement in about 10 days. We bought tanzanite at Diamonds International for the past 3 years. Still very happy with those purchases!!! Go online to Diamonds Int'l and you can browse some of their pieces. We have already printed several that we want to see. This year we are looking for "dancing diamonds"

In Antigua - we are going to the Pineapple Beach Resort - alot of people on the boards have recommended it - so we are taking a beach day there.

Hope this helps and you have a great vacation!

We went with Gordon for a day tour when we were in Antigua the first week of July on AOS. I cannot say enough about this tour. Gordon is the nicest person. He went out of his way to make the day about what we wanted to do. I had planned some specific sights that we had wanted to see and he accommodated all of them We went to Shirley Heights, Nelson's Dockyard, Devils Bridge and snorkling at Longbay Beach. Our son noted this was the best day of the week. I would not hesitate to book a tour with Gordon. Antigua was beautiful. I am definately going back there soon. The beaches are unbelieveable.

Archived